Remote, permanent, full-time position.
Do you have a soft spot for profitable companies with a meaningful, globally used and loved product? Would you like to work within a compact, super-capable team in a refreshing work environment? Would you like to work on an application that is changing the way we learn and communicate? Drops could be the place for you.
Our goal at Drops is to ensure effective language learning through a delightful, seamless, gamified experience. We strive to be the #1 app for vocabulary learning. Our app has been live on the App Store for 4 years, covering 43 languages, serving over 30 million users across the globe and has been featured on both the App Store (App of the Day) and Play Store (App of the Year in 2018). Drops has also been featured by TechCrunch, FastCo, Forbes, CNN, Bloomberg, VentureBeat and many, many more. In short, we’re a tiny but very powerful team spread (mostly) across Europe, achieving great things the remote way! In December 2020, Drops was acquired by Kahoot!, the world’s leading game-based learning platform.
You’re a driven and passionate QA Engineer who strives not only for the best possible product experience, but is also a solutions-focussed individual who doesn’t shy away from a challenge. You will have experience working closely with developers and product on a variety of different projects, being a vocal and engaged member of the team throughout the entire development cycle.
You will have experience creating, managing and maintaining a variety of automation tests and issue tracking, willing to propose suggestions for improvement and optimisation learnt from previous experience! You’re meticulous about documenting test cases, releases and guides for all cross functional team members . You’re a proactive team player who recognises problems and spots patterns with an eye for processes, compatibility, consistency and stability within a product!
Drops is a deliberately small, but super effective team. You’re naturally drawn to the fate of the products & driven to grow as an engineer rather than to manage people.
You are excited by variety (it’s the spice of life!) - In this role, you’ll be:
- Writing, maintaining and fixing automation tests
- Working on and improving CI/CD flows
- Improving and maintaining quality by manually testing across a suite of applications
- Ensuring quality and engagement through issue tracking in Jira
- Pushing releases for the entire Drops catalogue
- Writing documentation on best practices and team testing sessions
- Support the development team in testing new builds and functionality
- Add to and deliver the QA roadmap
- Meet regularly with support to discuss, triage and own issues with quality
- Communicate effectively with product managers, engineers and the marketing team
- Engage with and monitor KPI’s which detail issue rates, velocity, automation and overall quality
What’d be different here:
- We’re a small team. We’re optimising for impact, not for headcount. You’ll be carefully considering any tradeoff that would lead to increased complexity
- We have over 30 million users
- We have robust coding standards and every pull request needs review and approval before it lands in master. We use the rebase workflow and we release a few times a week
- Our backend is hosted on AWS and we use Buildkite and Bitrise for our CI
- We’re using react native on the frontend
- We are BIG on AB testing. We focus on releasing high impact projects and minimise noise
- Our biggest challenge in QA is balancing a solid automation test coverage, testing new functionality and releasing regularly
- Worked within QA teams, with bonus points for small teams and startup/growth companies
- Experience in automation testing (cypress, selenium, protractor, etc)
- Experience using issue tracking via tools such as Jira, Monday etc.
- Experience writing documentation
- Experience with Appstore services and web based applications
- Project management experience (everyone manages projects at Drops)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactiveness, with a solutions-focussed attitude
Drops values clear, honest communication and transparency. It’s the linchpin of our culture, success and freedom. You’ll be involved in both high and low level decision making and available during European working hours (10AM - 6PM CET).
- 🌍 All the perks of remote working
- 👥 An awesomely compact 24 person team
- 🧠 Yearly educational allowance
- 💪 Fitness allowance
- 💻 High-end Apple hardware and ergonomic accessories
- 🏖 36 days of holiday per year
- ✈️ Quarterly team gathering somewhere in the world (Amsterdam, Iceland, Lisbon and Budapest were previous locations) - Once we can move freely of course