Quick take: Axios is a new digital media company that gets you smarter, faster news that matters. We're hiring a Senior Producer for Smart Brevity Studio, our brand storytelling unit!
Why it matters: In this role, you’ll be overseeing all phases of production for a variety of executions including, but not limited to, video, written, visual, and web. The role will also be client-facing, contributing as a subject matter expert for ideas, executions, concepts and revisions.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Track record of ensuring timely and under-budget delivery of campaign output for contracted work while exceeding client expectations
- Natural storyteller, critical thinker, and ability to craft narratives that resonate with an audience
- Ability to translate a vision to the written word for video scripts, pitches, and web experiences
- Ability to delegate, coordinate, and oversee tasks with internal teams as well as outside vendors and independent contractors
- Skilled in all aspects of video production including producing, shooting, and editing
- Proven ability to give and receive feedback from internal colleagues and external clients
- Team player and creative facilitator
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Weekly company-sponsored exercise and meditation classes
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.