We are looking for a Full Stack Developer who is an innovative thinker and who enjoys that we do things a little bit differently. Our search is for a resourceful, skilled developer who loves to build beautiful and well-engineered applications and is excited to join our growing team. Ready to jump in?
WHO WE ARE
The Inclusion System is a full-featured web application with the sole purpose of helping agencies who support people with intellectual disabilities all over Canada. We love that we are able to solve interesting problems that help people make a positive impact in the world.
We are an awesome team and we care about what we do. We are looking for someone who wants to join our diverse group, grow and have fun with us along the way.
Our Tech Stack:
- .Net Framework and .NetCore in C#
- MS SQL
- ORM framework (nHibernate and Entity framework)
- Identity Server (OpenID Connect and Oauth 2.0 framework)
- React Native
- Apache Kafka
- Redis Cache
- AWS S3, SES
- Azure devops
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work across technical and architectural boundaries with relative ease
- Thrive at being a key member of a small, remote company solving problems and taking responsibility in areas both inside and outside of development
- Be deeply self motivated, you are not afraid of a challenge, you love taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion
- Be highly proficient and a quick learner in new technologies and processes
- Understand the value of processes and use them often
- Have an eye for detail and not let essential elements slip through the cracks
- Easily champion features/tasks and be responsible for independent scoping, development, testing code, and timely outputs across several distinct areas of our platform, using different languages and environments
- Adapt quickly to changes or problems during programing, communicating with key team members as they code a solution
- Find opportunities and embrace coaching feedback in order to improve processes and designs in collaboration with team members
- Show your natural curiosity and be keen to learn things outside your comfort zone
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Computer Science degree or equivalent relevant experience/diploma/certificate
- Strong experience effectively and efficiently developing solutions
- Strong experience with backend coding and database development
- Proven ability to translate business requirements and/or designs into developed products/systems
- Ability to problem solve using available tools and technology
- Excellent communication, proficient in both written and oral communication in English
Nice to have experience with the following:
- React Native and mobile components (calendar, camera, map, push notifications, etc.)
- Android Studio-Java(Gradle build)
- Xcode-Swift/Objective C
- Debugging and troubleshooting mobile app failures
- Able to integrate with backend technologies (web/REST APIs, single sign on)
- Capable and/or experience in performance tuning React Native apps
- Continuous deployment to Google Play/app store
- Continuous integration experience with testing frameworks (unit test, integration test and end to end testing)
- nUnit testing framework
- Integration with third party providers (Twilio, New Relic, Google Analytics, etc.)
WHAT’S WAITING FOR YOU
Empowerment: we want you to succeed and that means providing you with the tools and resources that you need. When it comes to professional development, we always listen. We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as materials or courses that promote continued learning.
Flexibility: work from wherever you want! We’re Canadian based but we’re cool with wherever you’re located. We love our team to have the freedom to work in a way that works best for them. As long as you’re communicating when you need to, work from your favorite place, at whatever time you’re most productive.
Transparency: we keep all team members informed, including weekly updates on the top company priorities, monthly reports on our growth, and Town Hall meetings with Q&A’s to discuss business updates and company direction.
Caring environment: we care about the work you do and to us you are never just another cog in the wheel. We’re a people first company, so wherever you are in the world, you can count on your coach to give you the support you need to thrive and grow with us.
Fun: we know a thing or two about having fun. Events, food, games - there’s something for just about everyone. And while we like being together, we also unplug on time to be with our family/friends and enjoy life outside of work.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
If this role is perfect for you then we want to make sure you are prepared:
- Submit your resume along with a cover letter letting us know why you’re the best candidate
- Answer some quick questions about your experience
- Include viewable past work as much as is possible - links to mobile apps, projects, GitHub etc.
- Join a short 15 - 20 minute phone call to discuss your experience
- Complete a mini test
- Meet our team in a virtual interview
- Undergo thorough background checks - criminal checks, previous employment references etc.
Go ahead and apply already! Be sure to do so by October 24, 2021.