*We are remote-first and allow remote work though we have an Austin and Atlanta office if you do not prefer to WFH.
NOTE: We are unable to sponsor or hire outside the US at this time.
We tackle cool, challenging problems. For example, we help warehouses supply hospitals with PPE and critical medical equipment more efficiently. We help e-commerce businesses ship orders on time. We tackle these challenging problems using modern technologies like machine learning, queue-based simulation, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Kafka, and Scala. Our team has decades of startup experience working with big data and building scalable, fault-tolerant, secure software and decades of experience working with warehouses and empathetically understanding the needs they have. We're still a small early-stage company. So you'll have an opportunity to come in, make a huge impact, and be a leader as the company grows. But at the same time, we have significant early customer traction and are already on an accelerated growth path. We believe in having a fun, loose work environment while also fostering a culture grounded in grit, accountability, innovation, collaboration, and bravery.
Supply chains are struggling to evolve. For every 1 billion dollars of e-commerce growth, North America builds 1 million more square feet of warehousing. Yet, warehouses are fraught with waste. Why? Because operations managers and leaders have never had the tools to manage their facilities correctly. It’s mind-boggling to think that the industry continues to invest in robots and point solutions that only perpetuate this broken model. This challenge is compounded by people understandably not wanting to work in these environments. We can fix this together. We can design and launch great products, build in the cloud, apply machine learning, create unique datasets, and be nonconformists always challenging the status quo together.
What You Bring
Experience in successfully…
- Develop SQL queries for data extraction from the client source to our application
- review the incoming data to ensure quality and accuracy
- document client system data flows and data integration specifications
- Engage with prospects and clients while partnering with Sales and Customer Success to configure client settings and develop data integration mappings and workflows
- Creating and maintaining Corporate Technical Documentation & Specifications
The following creds get us interested…
- expertise in SQL including writing performant queries joining multiple sources of data
- at least 2 years (preferably 5+ for senior level) experience as a technical consultant, coming from a WMS company
- at least 2 years of experience in a professional services organization deploying enterprise software (ideally supply chain management software)
The following creds get us excited…
- supply chain experience OR professional services experience deploying supply chain management software
- demonstrated experience and success integrating on-premise client data into a cloud-based application
- demonstrated success in improving and streamlining the implementation process to client's delight
- You live our values: Grit, Openness, Innovation, Bravery, Collaboration, and Ownership
We want to see your creativity, strategic thinking, and customer-whispering abilities. Be prepared to tell us how you demonstrated your skills in previous roles. Our hiring process is swift and usually looks something like this:
- Resume Screen
- Hiring Manager Phone Screening
- SQL Technical Interview
- Team Interview
Life at CognitOps
At CognitOps, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change supply chains -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our employees to care for their whole selves with reimbursed and hassle-free health benefits through our HRA, truly unlimited paid time off, paid parental leave, safe company social events, and freedom to pursue volunteer opportunities.