Brilliant is looking to add a Business Development Representative to our rapidly scaling team.
With a focus on creativity and technology, we curate, produce, and help companies distribute memorable branded merchandise and custom products to support marketing, sales, human resources and company wide initiatives. Whether it's newsworthy press kits, welcome gifts for new hires, merch collections to promote a product launch, or giveaways people love, our team of retail trend experts and designers create impactful products that bring brands to life.
About the BDR Role:
Help turn prospects to clients as the first dedicated Business Development Representative (BDR) at Brilliant. You will have an amazing opportunity to help own and define the success of the Business Development function, working hand in hand with the Director of Business Development. You will responsible for growing the pipeline through inbound lead qualification and proactive outbound prospecting. This role will act as a bridge between marketing and account management, handling all first contact with new prospects and building relationships by leveraging marketing activities – events, campaigns, email, etc.
You will have room to grow in your role, take on additional responsibilities, or focus on specific skills as desired. Opportunities available to work on building out new internal systems and processes, email marketing, product marketing, demand generation, and social media if desired.
- Lead Coordination: This includes email correspondence and calendar coordinating along with owning the first conversation and touch point with our prospects
- Researches highly relevant information for each prospect and company
- Lead Qualification: Demo Brilliant’s technology stack, ask strong discovery questions, highlight pains for customers that they were not aware even existed
- Accurately enters, updates, and maintains prospect information, and keeps comprehensive and up-to-date client information within Salesforce contacts, accounts, and opportunities. Additionally, evaluates ways to more efficiently utilize Salesforce.com
- Work closely with Account Managers to hand-off qualified leads that are ready to partner with Brilliant
- Qualify opportunities and schedule meetings from marketing activities - including events, webinars, trade shows, campaigns - for handoff to Account Managers
- 1-4 years of full-time work experience in Sales - Business/Sales Development, Inside Sales, Sales Support, Account Executive
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Google Suite, Notion, Powerpoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized - you won’t let anything slip through the cracks (bonus: you enjoy identifying cracks and repairing them)
- Team player with the ability to work in a high-energy start-up environment
- Energetic and self-motivated
- You are a people person - you connect easily with people, understand what makes them tick and communicate with them on their wavelength
- Tech savvy
- Enthusiastic about design, branding, and good gifts
- Strong business acumen to help empathize with our prospects and our internal team
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit (a can-do attitude who doesn’t require constant direction) and a hunger to learn and grow professionally
- #remotelife: You love the freedom remote work brings, and you know that with great freedom comes great responsibility
- You are excited about starting or continuing your career in Sales!