We're looking for an experienced Content & Community Marketer to help us shape marketing content that'll be of lasting value for our customers. If you were to join Cogsy today, you'd have a great impact on our marketing strategy and a great influence over our product’s growth.
You're likely a good fit for this position if you:
- Are energized by our values.
- Are a true content creator and can make progress both independently and within a team.
- Have hands-on experience creating a good amount of written and video content.
- Are passionate about the latest DTC trends and building relationships within that online community.
- Take action and pay attention to detail.
- Have superior communication skills.
- Are self-motivated and feel comfortable working effectively in a 100% remote environment.
- Confident when it comes to taking risks, trying new things, and learning from failure.
- Have full-time availability and want to be a key player on our team for the long-haul.
You will be responsible for creating content that drives traffic to the Cogsy website, helping us grow from a handful of customers to hundreds (and then thousands) of happy customers.
When you join our marketing team, you will:
- Deeply understand our customer base to create the best content to showcase how our product can help their business.
- Distill technical information into simple, clear copy for articles, e-books, YouTube video scripts, social media posts, ads, website landing pages, and more.
- Connect with members of the DTC community to grow our audience and reach.
- Create in-depth, heavily researched articles to attract DTC brands whether their yearly revenue is $250k or $25m.
- Develop, produce and publish editorial video content that aligns with Cogsy's overarching social strategy
- Be the steward of Cogsy's voice and identity across relevant video-based platforms
- Independently conduct SEO research with Clearscope and ahrefs for every article and incorporate it into your final product.
- Keep up-to-date about the latest research and happenings in the DTC space.
- Be comfortable with change. Your day-to-day responsibilities will look different depending on current projects, and you’re okay with variability.
- Organizational prowess. You know how to build a project in a PM tool, track things meticulously, and keep the team informed on progress.
Our marketing team works to ensure that every piece of content we publish is accessible and helpful to DTC brands. We're helping them reach operational excellence and improving their bottom lines. Their success is our success.
It's important to us that the person we hire can thrive and be successful in this role. Reflecting on your past experiences, you have:
- crafted product-related blog posts, videos, guides, and more with benefit-driven, compelling storylines.
- created quality relationships with members of the DTC community.
- edited with a hawk-eye for even the smallest, most minuscule details.
- produced memorable video content to educate and attract customers.
- educated different types of team members about brand style guides, adjusting your communication style to your audience.
- empathized strongly with users, channeling it into the various types of content that you write, both long- and short-form.
- used information from user research, SEO, traffic analytics, email analytics, marketing data dashboards, and more to inform future copy decisions.
This is a remote position and you can work from wherever. It is however important that we maintain connectedness as a team and have sufficient time for synchronous work too. We'd prefer team members that are on EST (or +- 2 hour difference) or work on those schedules, as that means that there is 3-4 hours overlap for the whole team every day.
- True flexible work: Work whenever and wherever your work best, taking into account some overlap time every day to stay aligned as a team.
- Trust-based autonomy. You’re the expert in your domain. We trust you to solve challenges the way you feel is best. Count on the rest of the team to support you when you need, but never micromanage you.
- Diverse team: You’ll be working with a diverse team from a range of countries and backgrounds. Making Cogsy an inclusive workplace is a top priority.
- We are a life- and family-first company that seeks meaningful experiences outside of work and we endeavor to help our customers do the same.
- Monthly learning and wellness allowance. Buy books, pay for your yoga class or get a Calm subscription for greater mindfulness. We’ll cover whatever helps you develop as an individual and become the best you.
- Paid for retreats: Once global travel is open again, we'll do week-long team retreats in fun locations.
- Flexible holiday policy: Take time off whenever you need to recharge or attend to other matters. The team will hold you accountable to taking a minimum amount of time off in any rolling 12-month window.
- Parental leave for those individuals that plan to discover the joys of having (more) children.
- Health insurance (powered by Safety Wing) tailored for remote team members, whether you're at home, traveling or being a nomad.
Does this sound like you? Want to be part of a self-motivated, empathetic, nimble team working to build something big? If that sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Our transparent application process:
- Submit your application: Follow the steps to complete the online application and respond to the application questions. We encourage candidates to read our values carefully to get to know our company and how we work together.
- Application review: You’ll always hear back from us – we manually review and respond to every candidate’s application. We try to respond with 1-2 weeks.
- Asynchronous interview: Once your application has passed an internal review, you’ll be invited to an asynchronous interview. This should take no more than 15 mins of your time.
- Live interview: Once we’ve evaluated your asynchronous interview, you may be invited to a live interview with Marcella (Head of Marketing).
- Test project: You will be requested to complete a test project that highlights your technical capabilities and communication skills. This is a paid project and usually takes 2-3 hours to complete.
- Decision: For the successful candidate, we'll make a written offer which can be signed electronically.