Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level / Senior
Industry: Biomedical data analysis, Natural Language Processing
Company size: 10-15 people
Equity provided as part of the compensation package
ArcaScience is a leading French Startup committed to solving some of the biggest health challenges of our time, building AI-based tools to interpret, aggregate and structure scientific and biomedical data. Our customers are high-profile pharmaceutical companies and leading public research institutes. What we do, we do it for and by the research.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer to improve and industrialize our solution, and oversee all aspects of development: Data pipelines (Machine Learning, ETL), Back-end and Front-end. As we are a small company, this also involves a fair amount of coding, but also running demos, seeing clients, and deciding on the company strategy and technical roadmap.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help turn cutting-edge AI algorithms into actually usable features.
- Make technical choices related to the development of the solution, to architecture, hosting, etc.
- Design and implement best practices for a scalable, maintainable solution
- Build the technical roadmap - translate business needs into features, and decide which of them are worth focusing energy on
- Design and specify new features, both back-end (data pipeline, data structure) and front-end (data visualisation, search, navigation)
- Organize and manage developments, both internal and external
- Ensure that all services are running properly
- Experience building large projects
- Solid knowledge of Python
- Experience in Web Development, both back-end and front-end
- Experience in project management
- Experience with Data Pipelines, Data Engineering and associated issues
- Management Experience
- Comfort in Java
- Understanding of the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- Interest in Data Science and Data visualisation
- Open science culture
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Availability for afterwork drinks
You will be working in a dynamic environment with
- R&D driven engineering: working on cutting-edge AI technologies to accelerate finding, improving and comparing cures and vaccines
- Dynamic issues: pushing the limit of your knowledge with constantly new challenges
- Interdisciplinary co-workers: engineers, scientists, biologists..
- Talented engineers
- Young and multicultural team
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work from home
- Rewarding remuneration: depending on your profile, your engagement and efficiency