Join our remote team of Rails and React developers (US only)
Bendyworks is a small software development consultancy with decades of experience and big plans for the future. We’re looking for developers who want to be part of our growing team because you share our passion for quality, integrity, and transparency. If you love sharing your knowledge and help your team and client succeed, you’ll feel at home at Bendyworks.
We help a wide range of clients reach their business goals. Former and current clients include American Family Insurance, Disney, Getty Images, Moz, and many more. As a Bendyworks developer, you will work for one client at a time, often embedded in their team. You may work short-term on a part of a project that faces a particular challenge, or for a longer period of time on a larger, sustained effort. Our goal is to match our developers with projects that are a good fit for both them and the client.
We work remotely but strive to keep the team close-knit. We value work-life balance with a 40 hour week, and you get regular growth time and a budget for professional development and conference attendance. We equip you with the tools you need to work comfortably and efficiently. At Bendyworks, everyone is seen as an individual and we help you with what you need to succeed.
Our health insurance plans are comprehensive and affordable, and in addition to 10 paid holidays, 3 weeks of paid time off and 2 weeks sick leave, we offer extras you won’t typically find at a company our size, like 6 weeks of parental leave and fully paid life and disability insurance. You’ll find a full list of our benefits below.
We’re hiring software developers who have deep knowledge of either Ruby on Rails or React and are comfortable in the other. We value experience highly and ideally you’ll have used one of these languages for 5 years or more.
In addition to technical skills, you need to be comfortable communicating with a variety of teams and customers, listen well, and maintain a professional demeanor. Good organizational skills and being able to handle changing circumstances are great assets in this type of role. It’s important to us that you enjoy your job and we check in with you frequently to make sure you are doing well.
At this time, we can only hire US residents.
Visit our LinkedIn page
to see what some of our team members have to say about their experience!
- Medical Insurance: Bendyworks pays up to 75% of premiums (depending on plan) and the first 75% of deductibles for employees and their dependents
- Dental and Vision Insurance: Bendyworks pays 75% of premiums
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Employer-paid Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employer-paid Group Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Professional Growth Time
- 3 weeks of vacation; 4 weeks after three years
- 2 weeks of sick leave
- 6 weeks of parental leave at 60% salary, including adoptions
- 10 paid holidays: New Years' Day, MLK Jr. Day, Juneteenth, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Friday, Christmas Eve, and Christmas
- Annual Conference Attendance/Professional Development/Equipment Budget
- Company-provided hardware and software
- Internet Budget
- Wellness Budget
- Unlimited Bus Pass (if available in your region)
- Interest-free Bicycle Loan
- and much more
Our hiring process
is meant to be low-stress and allow you to meet with a number of our employees.
- First we review your application to make sure there is a skills match
- Then we have a phone interview with HR to confirm that this role matches your desires
- Next step is to meet with our development manager to ask questions about the role
- We then set you up with a pair programming interview with one of our developers. This is an opportunity for you to shine, we aren’t trying to catch you with gotchas.
- Finally you get to listen to our Founder and CEO ramble for as long as it takes :)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage members of underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
Job Type: Full-time, fully remote.