What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
ABOUT THE KYMA TEAM
Our team develops Kubernetes-based runtime for SAP's Business Technology Platform. We build fully distributed, highly scalable, microservices-based architecture leveraging standard OSS Cloud Native Foundation technologies. It offers our customers a modern way to extend and integrate their applications with the cloud-native world. We form the foundation for all extensions and integrations of all SAP systems, and our work enables our customers, partners, and internal teams to develop their services. We value the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity, and building lasting relationships with our colleagues and the community. Within our team, we practice a trust-based working model. We also offer flexible working hours and foster a diverse team. You can experience all of that under our open source project Kyma (https://kyma-project.io/).
YOUR FUTURE ROLE
As a member of the Kyma Development team, you will:
• Write and review production-grade code in Go (beyond PoCs and experiments)
• Work under Agile methodologies like Scrum and take part in all team's ceremonies
• Align architecture and best practices across teams and keep contact with other teams
• Manage requirements, do spikes, and involve relevant stakeholders in establishing requirements and constraints (R&D mindset)
• Ensure high quality of the product and great user and developer experience throughout the entire development cycle
• Decide together with the team, moderate decision-making, and be accountable for the outcomes
• Promote agile engineering and work on the continuous improvement of agile software development in your organization
• Act as third line support for the production environment incidents
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent; alternatively, being a recognized expert in the field
• Proven experience in cloud-oriented technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc
• Experience in deploying applications on the hyperscalers' infrastructure (GCP, Azure, AWS)
• Strong development skills in one (or more) of modern programming technologies:Go, Java,C/C++/C#,etc. and willingness to work with Go
• DevOps mindset, writing code with operations/execution in mind
• Experience in continuous integration/deployment
• Good communication skills in English
• Cloud-related certifications (e.g., CKAD, CKA, GCP, Azure, AWS) would be an advantage
An ideal candidate should bring at least 3 years of experience as a senior developer
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected].
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:304253 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: