Senior Mobile Engineer
RV Life is looking for a senior mobile engineer to work on a rapidly expanding ecosystem of RV related apps. The engineer will work on maintaining a react native app and work on migrating native app code to React Native as well as maintaining and optimizing our current React Native code. The company is fully remote so no relocation is necessary, just a steady internet connection. We have several full time developers that travel extensively while working.
Why Work for Us
We are a laid back company that focuses on nurturing our employees and working together to make the RV’ing experience as easy as we can for our users.
- 401k, medical, dental, and vision for Full Time employees
- Monthly stipends for coffee, gyms, mental health, and high speed internet.
- Complimentary high end gear for development and testing.
- Unlimited Vacation
- 5+ years of experience on a team developing mobile apps in at least one of the following frameworks: React Native, native Android, or native iOS apps
- BS in Computer Science or other related field of study or applicable work experience
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with SCRUM as a development method for Agile Development
- Experience with multithreading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- Experience developing location-based services with HERE Maps or similar framework
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of design patterns
Preferred mobile experience (in a production application) of one or more of the following platforms
- React Native app(s) development
- Unit Testing frameworks (i.e. Jest) and UI testing frameworks like Detox
- Experience developing bridges to native components
- Data persistence frameworks such as Realm or Active Android
- Google Play Services, Android Studio
- Google app store publishing process
- Experience developing for Apple Watch or CarPlay are a plus
- Experience with the publishing process for the iOS app store