Indeed is looking for Product Developers who will impact people across the globe using their skills to develop software, identify business opportunities, analyze large data sets, solve varied business problems, and architect and build products that will grow Indeed's business around the world. We offer competitive salaries, long term incentives, open paid time off, parental leave, and other great employee benefits.
You are multi-talented across several fields, such as software engineering, analysis, and critical thinking, with a good understanding of overall business context, great communication skills, passion about the internet & its economics, and is driven to help job seekers find jobs. You need to be highly resourceful and intellectually curious, with solid technical skills. You must go beyond just writing code and running the numbers to be able to translate relevant information into actionable insights. You must have a good overall business sense to solve real-world problems. You must strive to be well-rounded and good at many things from technical to business to operations to communication skills.
This role is unique in that it goes beyond traditional software engineering -- you will have hands-on involvement in all aspects of the product development lifecycle - from inception, to requirements definition, to technical architecture, development, deployment, and beyond. You will measure the success of your product and make recommendations. We work closely with various areas of the business, and many of our projects are experimental in nature, in support of our continuous mission of helping people find jobs.
- Develop various software systems to launch new products to help people get jobs, for mining new business insights, and to support new operational processes
- Work across various teams and functions (Engineering, Product, International, Finance, Legal, Sales/CS, and Marketing) to execute initiatives and tasks
- Learn and develop product and project management skills, such as doing qualitative research on competitors, running and interpreting A/B tests, and managing various aspects of a project from start to completion
- Conduct in-depth business analysis and investigation on a project-by-project basis
Who You Are
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree majoring in Computer Science, technical Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics or a related analytics field
- Minimum 1 year of experience building web applications using modern frameworks and technologies
- Minimum 1 year experience working with and/or NoSQL database technologies
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Ability to work independently and mentor others
- Strong math, analytical, and business knowledge
- Self-motivated and a genuine desire to learn new skills
- Experience with Python and Java
- Experience with NodeJS, React, and Typescript
- Experience building APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Experience building and maintaining large scale content websites
- Familiarity with SEO concepts and strategies