Pilot (YC W17) is looking for our first growth engineer, to join a growing team on a mission to create a more open worldwide job market.
A bit about who we are:
Pilot helps companies handle payroll, benefits and compliance for their remote teams. We believe that your opportunities in life shouldn’t be dictated by where you’re from or where you happen to live, and we’re helping our customers live by that, too. We’re a team of 30 backed by Sam Altman, Y Combinator, Credo Ventures, Automattic, Kyle Vogt, and many other amazing investors.
What you will be working on:
You’ll join a small growth team to help implement all of the experiments that we run. You’ll be responsible for owning the technical side of our pilot.co page, working with the product team to implement growth ideas inside the product, and helping us with managing our analytics stack.
Some of the example projects include connecting a new analytics tool to our landing pages, running an A/B test for different variants of our demo request flow, setting up a mini marketing product to attract more visitors, or adding new tracking events inside our platform.
We have a pretty lightweight process: 1-week sprints, weekly planning sessions and, asynchronous progress updates. We use Slack, Linear, and Zoom to communicate and plan our work. We enjoy working together as a team, but there’s also a lot of opportunities to work autonomously.
- Experience with at least one backend technology such as Ruby, Python, PHP, GO, Node.js or similar
- Fluency with HTML and CSS/SCSS
- Practical experience of working with various marketing tools (for example Segment, Google Analytics, Optimizely, MixPanel, HubSpot)
- Experience setting up and managing A/B testing of the landing pages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. You’ll be working with a distributed team, so first-class communication is a must
- Experience and desire to work in distributed teams. Expect your teammates to be all over the world
We’d especially like to talk to you if:
- You have experience working with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails
- You have experience working with React and Typescript
- You have experience with tools that we use in our stack (Segment, Google Analytics, HubSpot)
- You have worked as a part of a growth team at a rapidly growing tech startup
- You like to set up dashboards, metrics, and internal tools to analyze data
- Competitive salary and stock packages: $67,300-$91,400/year, equity: 0.0125% - 0.0625%
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world