As a Software Engineering Manager at Indeed, you will provide hands-on leadership of a team of developers building integrations to partner systems. You will both contribute directly to building integrations, act as the point of contact for reviewing technical documentation for potential new integrations, and manage a combination of employees and contractors to deliver integrations.
You are comfortable learning new things on the fly and helping your team learn unfamiliar systems and technology. You make pragmatic technology decisions to balance scalability, speed to market, and long-term maintainability. You document implementations effectively and work with internal and external stakeholders to validate integrations and deliver them to customers.
You understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You have led engineering teams and earned the respect of talented software developers. You are equally happy talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming about agile development process and technology career development. You want to be in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
This Software Engineering Manager role supports the Marketplace team, which is the team that makes it possible for our enterprise customers to seamlessly connect Indeed’s products to the other tools they use as part of their hiring workflow. One of the ways we are doing this is providing a browser extension to our customers that travels with them to the systems they use while keeping Indeed products only a click away.
Your job will be to lead and grow this new team within Indeed. As the team starts, this will involve balancing individual contribution with management responsibilities. As the team grows your job will shift to be more focused on management.
- Work with the product manager to set the vision for the product and implement it
- Coordinate across teams to make other Indeed products available in the extension
- Recruit and interview new team members
- Manage the agile software development process in coordination with the product manager
- Monitor for errors in the browser extension and set up processes to triage and address them
- Update the extension architecture as changes are made to browser extension APIs and deployment mechanisms
- Support junior developers using the frameworks exposed by the extension to enable features on 3rd party systems
Who You Are
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related computer technical field
- Previous experience leading a team of 1 to 3 engineers
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in front-end engineering, including experience working on at least one public-facing product with a global presence and significant traffic
- Experience with at least one of the following frameworks: React, Angular, Vue.js
- Strong understanding of browser technologies, including the developer tools, the DOM, CSS selectors, etc.
We get excited about candidates who:
- Experience with browser extensions
- Have full-stack experience, especially in Ruby on Rails