Indeed is seeking a Senior Security Software Engineer to join our team. As a Senior Security Software Engineer, you’ll design, build, and improve systems which keep Indeed secure. With your team, you’ll define robust ways to build, operate, and scale security. You will interact with technical teams across Indeed to secure global systems that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day, see over 250 million unique visitors per month, and serve users in over 30 global offices.
- Design, accurately estimate work, develop, and ship systems that increase the security of our platforms
- Use data to support your recommendations and decisions.
- Plan and develop systematic solutions to problems instead of focusing on one-off fixes
- Help product engineering teams adopt and integrate security capabilities into their product and software development lifecycles
- Provide feedback and guidance for development projects on your team including design feedback, code review, and supporting the team’s production code
- Engage effectively with peers, managers, and stakeholders in other engineering teams to drive features in our products
- Lead initiatives on your team around new product features and architecture improvements, in collaboration with team members.
- Mentor engineers on your team and drive best practices
- Share your insights and learnings frequently within and outside Indeed via blogs, and occasionally in conferences.
- Other tasks as assigned by your management.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Security, Information Systems, or related field, OR comparable level of professional experience
- 5+ years building security into software
- Expert proficiency with several high level programming language (i.e. Python, Go, Java, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar
- Significant hands-on experience building security into various products, infrastructure, or platforms OR DevSecOps experience
- Mastery knowledge of at least one security domain (i.e. Auth, PKI, SAST/DAST, Containers, etc.)
- Have the experience and are seen as the go-to person for topics related to secure design and development practices
- You communicate clearly, both orally, and in written form, and love to share your knowledge via blogs and talks.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Thrive in ambiguity