What we're looking for
Abacum is seeking a talented engineer who possesses infinite curiosity and a great drive. You will partner with the founding team, product and design to create groundbreaking technology that truly improves how teams work and collaborate.
You will have the amazing opportunity to code in an extremely agile environment, avoid bureaucracy and overhead, have your code directly impact product and users, and also work hand-in-hand with a senior and world-class tech team.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, product designers, and product owners to perform experiments and test new ideas
- Propose innovative features for our engine, the core of our backend: client defined data structures, mappings and relations logic
- Drive data modeling and performance, providing the user with customization possibilities: schemas, formulas
- Take operational responsibility for the components that you write
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to solve and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
- Versatile (4x4) and hands-on doer, starter attitude
- Empathetic and humble, you do not hesitate to speak up with respect, and have the capacity to commit in disagreement when needed
- Awesome software engineering best practices, from all usual types of testing and frameworks (unit, integration, functional, performance) to PR reviews and pair programming (when needed).
- You are passionate about writing high-quality code!
- You learn quickly and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to the users
- Ability to solve complex problems with the simplest, high-performant and reusable code
- Database systems knowledge (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with big data performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Experience building REST API's and distributed event consumers
- Proficiency in Python
- Pandas deep knowledge
- Data integration experience (API's and databases) and knowledge building ML models
- DWH: Redshift/Similar and distributed OLAP