Reignite your love for WordPress
In the times of React and new shiny CMSs, WordPress is often mocked as not being cool enough. Maybe even you as a WordPress developer have doubts about your future career.
At Xfive we have a modern and pragmatic approach to WordPress development. We use Timber
to make the work of our developers easier and more fun.
We’ve been in the business since 2005 and constantly work on interesting WordPress projects for brands like Yanmar
We are also a part of a larger ecosystem of companies which includes XWP
Join our team to refresh your WordPress career and unlock exceptional future possibilities!
What we offer
- We engage the clients and win the projects so that you can focus on development.
- You can work the hours that best fit your schedule and from the comfort of your own home.
- You will get access to our welcoming, diverse and supporting community on Slack. Our company culture is based on virtual high-fives, which promotes a healthy work environment.
- You would start with an hourly rate of $25 USD / hour and can quickly work your way up to $35 USD / hour if you prove to be reliable, deliver high quality and communicate proactively.
- You will get an onboarding bonus $500 USD after 3 months since hiring.
- We will support you on learning new skills or acquiring professional certifications.
- You will have possibility to work on open-source projects like our custom WordPress development framework Chisel.
- We organize a virtual Christmas party, non-virtual ski weekend and other team-building activities during the year.
What skills you should have
We are looking for talented mid-level to senior freelance developers that have both front-end and WordPress skills. You should be able to work independently on commercial projects so at least 2-3 years of experience with such projects is necessary.
- You are able to deliver projects on time and at a high-quality level
- You have a passion for development and continuous self-education
- You have a consistent coding style and passion for well-organized, clean code
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English and you are not afraid to communicate with the clients directly during online meetings
- Very good knowledge of modern front-end development: HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design, Performance Optimization, Accessibility.
- Pixel precision and a basic aesthetics sense. Ability to convert UI in various formats like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop to a functional front-end
- Good knowledge of CSS preprocessors: SCSS is preferred.
- Good knowledge of scalable and maintainable CSS methodologies (BEM, ITCSS).
- Very good knowledge of WordPress. Timber knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to code WordPress themes and WordPress plugins from scratch.
- Very good programming skills and knowledge of general principles (DRY, abstraction, KISS, code refactoring and optimization, etc).
- Good knowledge of PHP and OOP principles.
- Good knowledge of Git version control system.
- Ability to work with the command line and modern web development tooling
This is how our recruitment process works:
- We will check your application and code examples to see if you would be a good fit to our team.
- If you pass the initial screening, we will invite you to do our Front-end / WordPress test project.
- If you pass the test, we will invite you to a call interview(s) focused on technical skills and knowledge and soft-skills.
- If you pass the interview(s), you will become a member of Xfive. Congratulations! :)