2811 is a platform for social and ecological change founded to support and lead different organizations on the path to sustainable development, through processes of capacity building, social innovation and territorial regeneration. With headquarters in Chile, Colombia, the United States, and for one year now in Berlin.
One of its landmark projects is the Climate Action Academy, which the team is planning to expand in Germany and Europe. For this reason, we are looking for a resident with an entrepreneurial attitude and motivation in taking part in solving the climate crisis to reinforce the platform's digital strategy and support the fundraising process of educational projects in the field of action against climate change. Please take a look to our Youtube content for more information: 2811 YouTube Channel.
2811’s objective is to increase and develop new projects in Germany and other European countries, so the resident will need to support the team on finding new funding opportunities, joining networks of climate action and support 2811 understanding better the German social entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Your main tasks:
- Imaging new ways of expanding the work of the Climate Action Education team.
- Create concept notes and offers, tailored to the needs and requirements of potential partners and users.
- Together with your colleagues, look for new opportunities and users in Germany and Europe.
- Support the translation of educational content, funding applications and different organizational strategies into German.
- You are studying (or studied) a topic that is relevant to the work we do: Engineering, environmental studies, anthropology, sociology, sustainable development, international cooperation, software development (or any related field).
- Important: You are interested in the areas of business development, project management, sales and/or digital development (among others).
- You are motivated regarding action against climate change.
- You have good writing as well as digital skills.
- You are fluent in writing and speaking in English and German (Portuguese and/or Spanish is a plus).
- You are available for a residence for 4 months starting the first week of October.
- During the 4 months you are available for a dedication of at least 16 hours per week (2 days/week).
Have we piqued your interest?
- Being part of a global community of changemakers working for a regenerative economy and a just social system.
- The work is mainly remote, but you can always join us at our coworking space bUm at Paul-Lincke-Ufer 21, 10999 Berlin.
- Work with a range of different topics, from social justice, climate action, diversity, migration and social to environmental finances.
- Work in an international environment with people from all over the World, in particular from Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Brazil, US, Portugal and Spain.
- Access to different training sessions, curated content and conferences organized by us.
- A space for self development and inner regeneration, where you can work on your own learning path.
- A large and motivated team with the desire to create a positive impact on society and the environment.
- A monthly stipend of € 400-.
- The option of continuing working with us on a professional basis, depending on your own motivation and the capacity of 2811 of sustaining an early career salary.
We look forward to your detailed application with:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resumé. Including 2 references..
- Link to your full LinkedIn/Xing profile, any relevant website or public portfolio link.
- Letter/Video/Drawing/(any format) of interest no longer than one page, telling us your main drive to support climate action initiatives and digitalization.
Deadline of application: October, 11th, 2021
If you have any questions or any problem filling the form, please contact us at [email protected]