We’re looking to add a Senior LXD Consultant to our small but mighty team.
Location: 100% Remote. Learning Ninjas is based in the United States.
Employment type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Travel: Minimal, generally 1-2 times/year (post-COVID)
Experience: Minimum of 5 years designing online learning solutions
What you’ll do here:
- Work directly with Clients to understand their business and design meaningful, measurable learning experiences to meet their needs.
- Write detailed design documents that paint a clear picture of the learning experiences you envision.
- Create development-ready storyboards for multiscreen eLearning.
- Transform in-person training and events into virtual instructor-led and blended experiences.
- Provide direction to development resources, QA/QC, and other specialists to bring your storyboards to life.
- Collaborate with our extended team of partners to ensure projects are completed on-time and with high quality – and give appropriate, consistent feedback when work doesn’t meet our standards and expectations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a strong understanding of how adults learn, how behavior change works, and the myths that derail creation of effective online learning.
- Stay up-to-date on UI/UX best practices and incorporate them into your work.
- Be a master at designing eLearning for multiple screens.
- Prioritize accessibility and inclusiveness in eLearning design.
- Wield a strong eye for visual design. You’re the kind of person that fiddles with layouts and debates the merits of various color palettes.
- Communicate clearly, honestly, and consistently, at ease with providing direction and feedback to clients and course developers alike.
- Work quickly and independently, able to own the instructional design and create innovative eLearning experiences.
- Be enthusiastic about working with global clients, even if that means 6 AM or 8 PM conference calls (because that means you can also take a 10 AM yoga class or a 2 PM nap).
- Experience working remotely, including use of tools for business communication, web conferencing, project management, file sharing, and collaboration.
Bonus points for:
- Experience bending multiple development tools & to your will (variety wins over popularity of the tool – we know that if you know a few, you can probably use them all).
- Multimedia production and editing experience; adept at using Adobe Premier, Audition, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.;
- Wide range of experience working with learning platforms (LXP, LMS, LCMS – whatever the acronym, you can be sure to encounter them here).
- Basic understanding of xAPI and CMI5 and knowing why it’s important to this type of work.
Benefits we offer:
- 100% remote work with flexible schedules.
- Performance bonuses.
- Access to full medical, dental, and vision – and we pay 100% of it. Access our benefits overview.
- Access to Slavic401K with company matching.
- Additional benefits include HSA, FSA, Teladoc, Life and AD&D Insurance, and Supplemental Life Insurance.
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- Time and opportunities for collaborative volunteer work.
- Annual company retreat (once it is safe to travel and gather, of course).
- Rewarding, interesting work with a fantastic team of experts in the field of learning and development.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.