Valerian (a new brand from Daron Creative, LLC) is hiring a part-time WordPress Developer as an hourly position.
Daron Creative is a small WordPress and consulting agency that has been in business for over eight years. We help business owners, entrepreneurs, designers, agencies, and organizations with their websites and software automation. Valerian is our new brand that specializes in working with agencies and creative partners via a white-label relationship. We offer three main services to Valerian clients:
- Care plans + hosting
- Wordpress development for new site builds
- Ongoing support (client requests, bug fixes, new pages/features, etc.)
You’ll be joining our team, made up of:
- The owner: lead strategist, designer, and developer
- Executive assistant: bookkeeping, scheduling, and admin tasks
- Contractors: designers, developers, and copywriters
We’re looking for a seasoned developer to join our team. Core responsibilities will include:
- Developing new WordPress sites based on a created design/guide and advancing our site build standards.
- Building and supporting complex Gravity Forms.
- Building and supporting WP Fusion and Zapier setups (restricted content areas, CRM syncing, auto-log in, etc.).
- Building and supporting portals/membership areas (login/gated content).
- Building and supporting basic WooCommerce stores with advanced functionality requirements.
- Researching, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve errors with plugins, themes, and hosting/server/domains.
- Ensuring cross-browser support for new site builds before they launch.
- Optimizing sites (web vitals, cleaning up indexed links/redirects, organizing the back end).
- Connecting 3rd party APIs to the website.
- Taking ownership of issues or requests from our clients and seeing them through until they are resolved.
- Checking the quality of work by reviewing everything that goes back to the client and ensuring that it’s up to our standards.
- Creating client-friendly documentation.
As an ideal candidate, you should:
- Be experienced with WordPress and website best practices (mobile responsive layouts, SEO basics, and identifying plugins that are safe to use).
- Know how to use and customize Wordpress, Elementor/Beaver Builder, Gravity Forms (including conditional logic, styling, and add-ons like Gravity Perks), and Custom Post Types.
- Be comfortable using multiple page builders. We currently use Elementor for 90% of our builds, but our agency partners also use Beaver Builder or ACF. Our clients appreciate the page builder experience, but we’d like you to have experience with Gutenberg as well, so that we can offer the best tool for the client.
- Have experience and knowledge with Google Analytics/Tag Manager.
- Understand or be willing to learn about ADA and GDPR requirements.
- Understand and know how to safely modify website caching, email configuration, DNS, CloudFlare, and domain names with minimal to no downtime.
- Be self-motivated and take initiative. If you prefer a lot of oversight and management, this position probably won’t be your cup of tea.
- Be a creative problem solver. You don’t need to single-handedly solve every problem that our clients send in, but having this mentality is important in this position.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at once. You’ll need the ability to pivot quickly to complete, provide insight, and follow up on a variety of tasks each day (sometimes with shifting priorities or multiple deadlines).
- Be an excellent communicator and be able to translate complex technical language to client-friendly language.
- Provide quality, detailed, and exceptional documentation via Loom videos, code, or Teamwork Spaces (document).
About the position
- This position will begin with an average of 20-25 hours per week.
- We anticipate the needs of our business growing throughout 2021-22. We may be able to offer a full time position in 2022, but this is not a requirement or guarantee. If the needs shift and you are only interested in continuing in a part-time role, we will include you in the hiring process for an additional part-time developer.
- This is an hourly position, and you will be paid $30/hour and be classified as an employee.
- All federal holidays are paid holidays. 80 hours of additional paid time off are earned throughout the year in pay periods. Sick pay is based on the state requirements for where you reside.
- Healthcare benefits are not currently available, but we hope to offer these in the future.
- We will provide all software tools (Teamwork, Adobe, Email, etc.). You will need to provide a high-speed internet connection, smartphone, and Mac computer. After 90 days, we will provide you with $250 as a one-time payment for your home office/internet setup and then a $50/month stipend to help make sure your setup is an ideal environment for your needs.
- After 30 days, you will receive a company-owned 13” Macbook Pro to use for the duration of your employment.
- You do not need to have a college degree, however we ask that you have at least 4 years of experience with WordPress.
- This is a remote position. We may consider a co-working stipend once it is safe to return to offices. This is optional, we will never require you to come to work in person.
- Daily hours are flexible, but we prefer someone based in Central, Mountain, or Pacific times zones. We will not expect you to work on the weekend.
We’re accepting applications until October 15, 2021.
Do not email or contact us via social media or phone. Applicants that contact us outside of the application will be immediately disqualified.
We will schedule a phone interview with the applicants we decide to move forward with. You will be notified if you are moving forward to a phone interview or if we have determined it’s not a good fit by October 20, 2021.