FreeWill is an award-winning, social-good startup that has raised more than $3 billion for high impact nonprofits since we were founded in 2017. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, Oprah’s magazine, and have even been named to Town & Country’s “Top 50 Philanthropists” list.
All of this is because we’ve figured out how to make some powerful (but complicated!) ways to donate much easier and more accessible. Our products make things easier for the donors who want to change the world and for nonprofits doing heroic work around the planet.
In the last 4 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 95+ (all smart, tenacious, and kind), and continue to grow quickly. We’d love to have you be a part of this adventure.
Full-time • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the US (except CO, AL, or LA)
About the Role
FreeWill is seeking an Account Executive/Partnerships Lead to be the leading force that fuels our growing client relationships in our North American market.
The Account Executive position is primarily responsible for revenue generation through strategic alliances with nonprofits. You will identify new opportunities to increase sales and profitability, and have responsibilities directly related to making sales to include: meeting with customers, communicating with customers via phone, email, and teleconference, providing subject matter expertise regarding planned giving best practices; advising customers on suitability of products and solutions based on their fundraising goals, preparing proposals, presentations, pricing and contracts, and developing strategic plans related to the customer and the proposed solution.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience prospecting into mid-market and / or enterprise level organizations, navigating a large buying committee and the patience and strategic ability to work a 3-9 month sales cycle. We expect the responsibilities to sometimes shift, and aim to hire an individual who is comfortable moving quickly in a fast-paced environment. The right candidate will be an energetic person with passion and innate drive to excel at any task.
- Execute a sales process through discovery, solution, pricing, negotiation, and close
- Participate in brainstorming, team meetings and client meetings, researching and assisting with program development for new prospects
- Collaborate with your Sales Development Rep to prospect for new business
- Illustrate the value of products and services to create growth opportunities; compile and analyze data to identify trends
- Become an expert in the FreeWill product and the broader nonprofit fundraising landscape
- Stay current with changes and developments in the nonprofit industry. This includes gathering competitive information on products and services, and sharing this information with the product development, marketing, customer service, and executive teams
- Manage complex contract negotiations and work with legal counsel as required
- Meet quarterly sales objectives
- Act with FreeWill’s values of focus, joy, kindness, and courage
- 3-5+ years of successful Sales experience
- Strong preference for SMB sales experience in a SaaS or technology company with multiple products
- Experience selling to nonprofits is a plus
- Ability to take a strategic decision and run with it, figuring out how to develop and implement a plan with a large team
- Ability to understand data and make data-driven decisions about management
- Smart, tenacious, and kind, with a growth mindset
In addition to the immense personal and professional satisfaction you’ll gain from helping to raise $1T for high impact nonprofits in a kind and joyful work environment, full time employees at FreeWill are eligible for the following benefits:
- Work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Commuter benefits
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Option to work from our new, beautiful NYC office, located in the Financial District
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
- Staff holidays and FreeDays (periodic one day office closures to rest and refresh)
- Regular (virtual) team events
- $250 monthly co-working budget which can be used for local co-working spaces (for team members located outside of the NYC metro only).
- $300 annual budget to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- $1,000 referral bonuses for growing our FreeWill community
- $1,000 annual professional development budget
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.
Excited about our mission? Success in serving nonprofit partners requires our dedication to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We can’t wait to learn with and from you.