CodeCombat is looking for a remote Sales Development Representative to spearhead engagement with prospects, offering engaging educational solutions to schools and nonprofits. If you have experience supporting a busy org in a customer-facing role, we want to hear from you!
This is a 100% remote, full-time role. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experience levels to apply regardless of direct experience as a Sales Development Representative.
What You'll Do
- Develop and manage lead generation activities including email campaigns and outbound calling
- Respond to inbound inquiries with the goal of setting an appointment
- Conduct follow-up on leads until meetings are set
- Qualify leads through discovery calls by performing needs analysis and generating excitement that result in appointments for the Account Executive team
- Create and close low-level opportunities
- Keep detailed notes, updated account information, and a managed pipeline in Salesforce
- Achieve weekly/monthly targets (appointments, qualified leads, new leads, etc.)
Who You Are
- 1+ year of experience in a customer-facing role
- Comfortable learning new programs
- Coachable. Open to feedback and willing to experiment with new ideas
- Comfortable collaborating on a small team
- Organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Excited to connect with prospects in the education world–teachers, school administrators, principals, and students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote role
Who We Are
CodeCombat is seeking to reinvent the way that computer science is taught, both at home and in the classroom. We’re focused on gamifying the classroom and home learning environments to create a more effective and engaging space for children to learn. In other words–we teach coding with video games! Our programming games are sold to schools and parents around the world.
We are a small, determined, and tight-knit startup dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance with flexible working hours. All of our team members work remotely from all around the world, with concentrations in San Francisco and Beijing.
Our work is purposeful.
We bring our personal best every day, because our game-based learning can be life-changing for young people.
Strength comes from interdependence.
We recognize that each of us is central to the mission of CodeCombat. We know our differences create strength and resilience. We engage one another with respect for who we are, not only what we do. We create community with intention, because we need each other–and because it's fun.
Kind, not just "nice".
We don't let fear of not being "nice" get in the way of the direct communication that underpins healthy relationships. We build strong connections through honest dialogue, even when the conversations are difficult.
Structure can be liberating.
Transparent processes let us focus on making the right decisions–and they create channels for diverse voices to speak. Eliminate information silos and shadow structures; create known communication channels and clear responsibilities.
We can operate at any speed.
We're thoughtful about how fast we go. We pay attention when the lights change. Sometimes we walk.
Learning and growth go hand-in-hand.
Every experience is an opportunity to learn, and our team is growing every day. When we think we know it all, it means we have more to learn.
CodeCombat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please include a cover letter with your application that includes why you are interested in this role.