Winter is coming, and we need some seasonal help! Social Print Studio is looking for a part-time, seasonal, Customer Service Representative to help our team during our busiest time of the year. This is a remote position open to residents of California, Washington, and Minnesota only.
We need someone witty, articulate, and personable who we can trust to write emails to our precious customers. You will be working on the front line of our customer service team and will be responsible for fixing problems fast. We need someone who can communicate effectively, quickly, and articulately to people from all walks of life. As this is a fully remote position we need someone extraordinarily trustworthy who can take direction and is a great problem solver.
Hours per week will vary as we transition from training shifts in late October to our crunch times in December. Hourly range will be from 20-36 hours per week. Start date will be Monday, October 25th, 2021 and the last shift for this position will be Friday, December 31st, 2021. This position pays $20/hr.
A typical day:
- Answering queries about our products and platforms. Our customers will be ordering either from our website or our five star rated app, Print Studio
- Replying to order status updates, explaining turnaround (our products are hand made, not off the shelf), and confirming tracking information for our customers
- Documenting and reporting customer issues so we can fix them fast!
- Previous experience in customer service, in person or remote. Remote experience is preferable, but we are happy to train the right person!
- Access to a reliable computer and internet access.
- High proficiency with computers and online tools such as Help Scout, G Suite, and Shopify
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent writer and communicator
- Experience with photography is not required, but is a plus!
- Must be available to work in the morning (shifts start at 8:00AM PST) and available to work weekends. (Saturday and Sunday.)
Please include your resume as well as a cover letter with answers to the following question. We’re looking for style here, not necessarily accuracy. (Though a peek through our FAQ’s could help!):
WHERE IS MY ORDER?!?!