Hi! We're Strategy11-- the company behind Formidable Forms and Business Directory Plugin. No matter what product we're working on, our goal is to make big projects possible without big resources and to make complex tasks simple. Our software is running on nearly 400,000 websites, and our team is growing fast. We have tons of big plans for the future and would love for you to be a part of it.
As Growth Manager with Strategy11, you will be responsible for communicating how cool our products are to new and existing users. You will primarily focus on free user activation, improving conversion rates, AOV’s, SEO, and crafting unique marketing content.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You have the ability to research and understand technical concepts, then explain them in simple terms to people who aren’t tech-savvy.
- You love to create systems, tools, and processes for others where they don’t already exist.
- You’re comfortable with accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking the initiative to solve problems and learn new skills, and are comfortable working with minimal direction.
- You’re comfortable seeing the big picture and how the small details get you there.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You enjoy helping others on your team succeed.
- You have a passion for digital marketing and digital customer acquisition.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Convert free users into paying subscribers through a variety of channels including “Free Plugin Referrals,” Affiliate Marketing, SEO, Paid Social, CRO, and Drip Emails.
- Working closely with developers and support team members to strategize and execute high visibility promotions across all digital marketing channels.
- Write conversion-focused copy for newsletters, customer-facing websites, WordPress plugins, and ad copy.
- Conceptualize new targeted landing pages for various channels and users.
- Conducting keyword research to identify target keywords and using those keywords to plan, structure, and optimize content.
Here are the skills and experience that will come in handy:
- Familiarity with WordPress ecosystem, specifically plugins and upgrades.
- Writing and Editing: You can write a well-structured article with impeccable grammar and spelling in a conversational tone. You can edit and proofread your own work to eliminate careless errors instead of relying on an editor to fix them for you.
- Tangible experience executing in all, or most, of the following digital marketing channels: Affiliate, SEO, Email Marketing.
- Time Management: You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Ability to work in both strategic and tactical roles as the resident “growth hacker.”
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, writers, and customers.
- Marketing Experience: You have a compelling portfolio that demonstrates high-quality copywriting and imaginative headlines within a variety of advertising campaigns and digital content.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Examples of high-ranking SEO content you've written.
- Experience in a subscription SaaS-based business.
- Graphic design experience creating featured images, infographics, etc.
- Expert level Google Analytics, Google Sheets, and Data Studio experience.
What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Work from home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Africa, Ireland, Philippines, Ukraine, Canada, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 60 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need to vacation, stay healthy, and spend time with friends and family.
- Paid Family and Caregiver’s Leave
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Utah, USA, so company operating hours are 9 am-5 pm MST. While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Strategy11, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Strategy11 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
***Also note, don’t forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out:)
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!