Anthemis cultivates change in financial services by building, growing, and sustaining businesses committed to improving the world. Our deep understanding of markets and models, passion for emerging technology and spirit of collaboration inspire everything we do. By creating fertile ground for entrepreneurs, institutions, researchers, academics, and visionaries to come together, we believe we can solve the financial services world's most pressing challenges faster, better and for the benefit of all.
We're seeking a truly exceptional and progressive People & Culture Lead for this incredibly rare opportunity. You will be a fundamental part of Anthemis' leadership team, tasked with creating an enviable company identity and culture across the 50+ team (with offices in London, New York and Geneva and colleagues distributed across the US and EU). Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work with Anthemis' 100+ portfolio company Founders, CEOs and People Leads to help scale their organisational culture. Through this hybrid role, you are uniquely placed to have a massive impact on the success of so many incredible businesses and the people within them.
The role is incredibly varied, on any given day, you could be coaching founders or leaders, facilitating a workshop, helping craft remote first work strategies, introducing a new pay philosophy, defining values or a whole host of other People & Culture things!
You'll be responsible for:
As a People & Culture Lead focused within Anthemis, you will lead the People team and establish your position as a trusted business partner to:
- Design and deliver the People strategy to identify, develop and mobilise capability and to grow the organisation in the most sustainable way possible
- Drive a high performance culture, which is values and purpose-led
- Develop Anthemis' EVP into one of the most enviable in the world, specifically for people who wish to work hard in order to achieve their best work
- Optimise people practices under our Remote First strategy to ensure we continue to attract and develop world-class talent
- Develop and guide leadership capability and ensure teams are developed to put emphasis on areas that other companies would not think to invest in
- Engage with analytics and test-to-learn experimentation to support data-led decisions across the business for all things People
- Evolve our culture using progressive initiatives that increase autonomy, freedom and responsibility as we continue to evolve
Engaging with Portfolio company Founders/CEOs/People Leads in high potential startups and scale-ups (ad-hoc):
- Working collaboratively to understand their businesses goals and provide advice on devising a People roadmap to support them at various growth inflection points
- Supporting them to evolve their unique cultures, people experience and value proposition so their clout in the talent market is disproportionate to their size
- Advising on human, scalable and sustainable people infrastructure and practices which enable high performing teams and help businesses grow sustainably
- Coaching founders and People Leads to ensure that they are comfortable and confident with their leadership and management style
In order to excel in this role, you will:
- Have 8+ years senior HR/People/OD quals and experience, with people and business consulting experience in dynamic organisations - and know the likely opportunities and challenges
- Have essential experience in the Tech or Financial Services industries, and/or have consulted into these industries or as a start-up entrepreneur who has scaled your own business
- Experience of working within and scaling fast-growth businesses in a senior People role (founders we work with want to draw directly on that experience of scaling a team through People & Culture).
- Consider coaching and mentoring as key parts of your People toolkit (even if you're not a qualified coach); having worked directly with leadership teams and across whole businesses, you feel comfortable talking to a diverse range of stakeholders with different interests, perspectives and personalities.
- Be capable of context-switching and are excited by variety - each week, you'll be working with different internal projects and different businesses at different stages of growth and with different cultures
- Be a deeply passionate thought leader, with a creative approach towards modern company cultures, people development and engagement, and have a truly progressive approach in everything you do by using design thinking principles
- Have a keen eye for genuinely world-class talent; foresight, creativity, and judgement to anticipate future talent needs; and the ability to build a healthy talent pipeline
- You'll be strategic, commercial and someone who delivers results
- Zoomability - you are comfortable zooming out to take account of the whole picture, and zooming in to do the doing
- You're self-aware and reflective - you've experimented a lot in your career so far and are known for your EQ, your AQ (adaptability quotient), and resilience
- A hands-on strategist with a passion for people, creativity, human and organisational development.
In addition, you will be:
- An innovative systems thinker, capable of multi-lateral thought and understanding of complex problems. Confident using creativity to challenge prevailing thought and convention
- Articulate, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomous: with sound judgement and problem-solving ability. Comfortable making tough decisions and taking risks where necessary
- Detail-oriented: meticulous about work content
- Entrepreneurial: at ease with fluid structures and concepts, excited by the unknown and willing to roll up your sleeves to be part of it.
- Insatiably curious: eager to learn, with an open mindset and learning disposition
- Comfortable with ambiguity, at ease with the non-linear and adept at learning through experimentation
- Known for championing making it happen, acting as an owner, and bringing your best self to work
- Private Healthcare - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme
- Company pension/401k - plus company matching & Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Holidays - it's important you take time off! You get 25 days throughout the year to take a well-earned rest. In addition, you get all the public bank holidays, so a total of 33+ days
- Access to a significant L&D allowance for personal development
- Wellbeing stipend through our partner platform to encourage holistic wellbeing
- Home office kit
It is really important to us that we give access to opportunities to as wide a variety of people as possible. So if there is additional support we could offer you to enable you to participate, please include this is in your expression of interest.
Anthemis employs a Remote First Strategy, so we welcome applications regardless of where you call home, however, the vast majority of our team and portfolio companies right now are UK/US/Europe based and a significant proportion operate with a hybrid working model. For this reason, it's important that you're able to be timezone compatible and comfortable with travelling where needed from time to time.