3T helps tens of thousands of MongoDB developers and administrators with their everyday jobs by providing the finest MongoDB tools on the market. We guarantee the best compatibility with current and legacy releases of MongoDB, continue to deliver new features with every new software release, and provide high quality support. In 2019 we outgrew our original office and now have lots of room to grow in our brand new office in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin. Our office language is English, with teammates from over 17 nationalities.
Our great new office location offers a host of benefits:
- Located on the U2 line, a few minutes from the city center
- Regular free onsite fitness classes
- Free onsite German lessons
- Free drinks and snacks
In the current circumstances, all 3T staff are encouraged to work wherever suits them best, whether that is from home or in our head offices.
About the Role
As Web Team lead you are the fulcrum around which the 3T web presence pivots. You will regularly communicate & work with our Marketing, Sales & Engineering teams to understand & satisfy the objectives of multiple stakeholders. We have multiple internal & external web properties to manage & improve, and a constant stream of new feature sets & product offerings to integrate. You will also manage and mentor a junior developer to assist you and handle additional web-based responsibilities, including the maintenance of a range of Wordpress websites.
This is a great opportunity to join a busy and growing team, so if you have experience and passion for building critical customer-facing web applications, please read on.
Who You Are
You are an experienced senior-level frontend developer with a strong track-record of building customer-facing products using React & TypeScript. You can confidently take a product from idea to execution. You enjoy coding, you are obsessed with pixel-perfect design, and you take pride in delivering robust, thoroughly-tested applications into high-traffic environments via a CI/CD pipeline.
What you'll do:
For this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Wireframe, test, build, deploy and manage high-traffic, mission-critical web applications; architecting their design in close collaboration with our UX/UI designers; and then creating them with modern React tooling.
- Develop clean, maintainable, reusable cross-browser code.
- Create & maintain internally-facing web-based tools for our Sales and Marketing teams.
- Champion the User Experience across our frontend development process
- Optimize our web assets for maximum speed and ‘mobile-first’ scalability
- Design and build new web applications from scratch to support our Products & Services roadmap
Extra credit if you have any of the following:
- Professional experience with modern software development techniques for building modular and testable web applications.
- Public-facing, production experience with React (including up-to-date knowledge of hooks, state-management, and data-fetching conventions).
- Development experience and confident grasp of TypeScript.
- Clear capabilities with CSS & modern styling solutions including CSS-in-JS
- An attitude of continuous improvement, and an ability to communicate & collaborate effectively.
- A willingness to keep up-to-date with, and continuously integrate industry best practices.
What we offer
- Production-level experience with Wordpress, PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of Material UI and / or Chakra UI
- Experience with deploying applications on the AWS platform
- Comfort with setting-up & deploying Linux-based servers, DNS, and CDNs
Contact us now
- Excellent salary.
- The opportunity to have a real impact in shaping the product: we dominate the market in what we do but we’re still growing so every team member’s contribution counts and is recognised.
- A great environment: our team is sociable, diverse, and most of all, welcoming.
- A great space to work: our new office space comes with free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks and beer, as well as fitness classes on Mondays, yoga on Thursdays, and the occasional free pizza lunch.
- Responsibility and impact: Your work will have a major impact on the growth of the company and your opinions and ideas will be greatly appreciated (and requested!) at every step of the way
- Room to grow within the company as we continue to expand
- Flexibility: We offer very flexible work hours. Your cat is sick? Working from home goes without saying
If this sounds good to you, drop us a brief cover letter with your CV at [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you.