Pace University, located in New York City, is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides. To continue our impressive growth our University Relations (UR) department is seeking a Content Specialist.
As University Relations (UR) leads the branding, messaging, and visual design for the University and the schools and departments and is the primary hub for crisis and emergency communications, we have an exciting position available for an individual to be responsible for the development and creation of engaging content to support enrollment marketing and strengthen the awareness and reputation of Pace University among all key audiences.
Content is defined as multimedia articles, social media (including community management, monitoring, and content development), web copy, print copy, marketing copy, videos, infographics, etc., that aid in fostering engagement and aligning with Pace’s new brand platform. Our new University website is one of the key channels for sharing information and content, so the ability to clearly communicate salient information while being an engaging storyteller for brand content is paramount. The ideal candidate is a creative and analytical thinker who is able to use myriad tools and channels to tell stories and share information. A willingness to try new methods is preferred.
• Develop an intimate understanding of key messages that resonate with our audience, informed by robust research and performance monitoring
• Have experience following brand guidelines and applicable style guides
• Have experience collaborating with marketing managers, designers, and art directors to develop and finalize content
• Serve as one of the primary writers and editors for enrollment marketing and recruitment materials (viewbooks, brochures, fact sheets, postcards, etc.)
• Research and develop content for digital and print publications and understand and adapt to project audiences
• Generate story ideas for social media, website, and publications and research, conduct interviews, research topics, and produce assigned content
• Proofread, cross-check, and approve copy in layout; transcribe client changes to proofs
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience in marketing communications, social media, content development, advertising, copywriting/editing, or a related field
• Demonstrated compelling and versatile copywriting and editing (print and digital)
• Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and mastery of grammar and punctuation
• Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, time management skills, and demonstrated ability to effectively multitask projects of varying size and complexity
• Flexibility for evolving responsibilities
• Experience with content management systems, e-mail marketing software, Drupal, Adobe Creative Cloud, with an emphasis on InDesign, Premiere, and Photoshop a plus
Please apply at: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/19393
About Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.