Hi, and welcome to the post about the Android Developer
(fully remote) role at [Squadformers] (https://squadformers.com
### About us
Squadformers was created because we believe that great work can be done better together. Our team is composed of a bunch of creators, designers, and builders by heart and our mission is to make things on Earth better than they were before. We’re a bunch of freelancers & software makers, designers and engineers, who come together to work as a Squad. Why? Because working by yourself from home is lonely and doesn’t let us grow as quickly as if we do it together. But also because of the missions, the friends we make along the way, and the flexibility of working how and when we want to. To truly have this lifestyle, you need a Squad.
At the core of Squadformers is the team, or as we like to call it, the Squad. We are friends and colleagues that lift you up when things get tough, challenge you to be a better version of yourself, and respect one another, all while working together on an important mission for the world. Yes. We like to be decent Humans…
We have two types of missions: client missions, and greater good missions. We use the money from the client missions to fund the greater good missions, because those we do for free. Important missions that urgently need our help, like climate change and inequality. And the client missions? Those are important, too. We help Silicon Valley startups like [Gabb](https://gabbwireless.com) create safer and less distracting technology for kids. We help [Bevy](https://bevy.com) create community with their online platform. And we help [Compose](https://compose.im) build a less distracting online world, with more focus and flow. And many more.
Our squad members come from diverse backgrounds, many previously at companies like Spotify, Google, Amazon, Netflix, and more. We work together as a Squad of 5-6 people, in North American time zones only.
### About this role
Squadformers is seeking a talented, driven mid-level Android Software Engineer
to join our dynamic team in support of our exciting start-up clientele. Are you a proven Software Engineer who takes a great deal of pride in your work as well as mentoring more junior level Devs? Does your industry experience speak for itself when it comes to your elegant code and problem-solving skills?
As a mid-level Android Engineer, you will build high quality robust features for our clients and their Android apps! Because you are a consummate software professional, you drive quality of your code as well as the entire app! Your tasks will be dynamic and evolve over the life of the project, including but not limited to:
· Own development for features of medium to large complexity, providing accountability and ownership for all task assignments.
· Write performant, testable code whether implementing improvements, user-facing features, or fixing bugs.
· Make use of your excellent interpersonal skills to effectively articulate sophisticated ideas and influence others.
· Propose and design creative solutions when presented with key requirements and contribute to product design discussions.
· Collaborate with an agile, distributed team of developers and quality engineers on the design and specification of features, specifically on Android (leading and following depending on the circumstance
What we are looking for:
· 4+ years of product/application development experience including hands-on work experience developing native applications for the Android OS with an understanding of unit test frameworks and the Android design process.
· Hands-on experience with Jetpack Compose is strongly desired.
· Android Studio application and Android OS experience (aka software & firmware).
· Understanding of mobile and desktop application workflows across multiple platforms. • Passion for learning, sharing of new ideas and creative thinking to provide innovative solutions to challenges.
· A degree is not required. We value diversity and will review any candidate, as long as you can commit to working in the PST time zone (or close to it). You must be located in North or South America to be considered for this position. This is a remote position that will stay remote, no relocation required.
Bonus Points (aka preferred skills and qualifications)
· Experience with Kotlin.
Intrigued and feel like this is your perfect role? If so, we would love to hear from you to see if you have what it takes to help Squadformers move the needle on Android development! We’re looking forward to hearing from you, future Squadmember! To apply, please send your resume to us at: https://apply.workable.com/squadformers/j/4199F24DE0/