At the d.MBA we organize business training for designers.
Business education has been overlooked in design schools and the design community for too long. After introducing the d.MBA to the design community, we received an overwhelmingly positive response and grew organically with the help of our strong and engaged community, attracting designers from around the world and from companies like Apple, Nike, 3M, Google, AT&T, Deloitte, Designit, Logitech, IBM, BCG, SAP, Cisco, Amazon, etc.
We are looking for an experienced t-shaped growth lead, who will design, lead and manage all our marketing efforts. Due to the stage that the company is in, this is an exciting opportunity to work with a blank canvas with a lot of potential to experiment with ideas and growth channels.
We are a profitable bootstrapped startup with a great product and strong user economics, which opens up a very wide array of marketing opportunities. We do not have VC-like hyper-growth expectations but would like to create a thoughtful and sustainable approach towards marketing aligned with our values and mission.
You are a good fit if…
- You have 5+ years experience working in and/or leading marketing operations function
- You are a generalist who loves to work across many marketing activities but does not shy away from execution. This role covers strategic thinking as well as operational tasks.
- You have great verbal and written communication skills. Yes, we know that every job listing says that… But what we are looking for is someone who is also capable of preparing good copy for our audience on various channels.
- You have an analytical approach to growth and love running campaigns, experiments, and measuring the results of the given KPIs to figure out the best levers of growth.
- You are well versed in executing growth strategy along the different marketing channels (across organic, paid, and email). We understand that one person can’t be a specialist in all channels but we look for someone who understands how channels work together and fit into a bigger picture.
- You have experience working with marketing automation and lifecycle management tools such as HubSpot.
- Bonus points if you have experience working with designers from disciplines like UI, UX, brand, and product design; and hence you understand the problem of the lack of business knowledge in the design community.
What is in it for you?
- Lead funnel analyses to identify opportunities for improvements, partnering with internal and external colleagues to develop action plans.
- Design, manage and optimize email marketing activities across the applicants' journey; from hearing about d.MBA to applying for the program.
- You will design and manage our SEO strategy, conduct keyword research, and develop an action plan for content.
- Manage updates to the marketing website to improve student experience, lead capture, and conversion.
- Coordinate paid marketing activities, ranging from setting up ads to looking for new opportunities.
- Collaborate with and manage external partners who help us with marketing-related assets and specialists across different channels.
Where would you work?
- Work-life balance
We believe rest is important for productivity so we work four days per week. Hello, long weekends!
You also get 20 days paid holidays, which amounts to 5 weeks due to 4-day workweeks.
The compensation range for this role is €45,000 to €60,000 annually (for 80% workload). You will also be a part of our profit-sharing program, paid out as a yearly bonus.
As we are a small team, we all contribute to company-wide decisions. So, you will get the first-hand experience at growing a company and have an actual impact on our future.
Each week, we host a Posture Workout to get those muscles stretched. We also host a monthly remote Team Lunch, and a Temperature Check to see how everyone is feeling and build camaraderie.
The d.MBA is a remote
company. We don’t have an office so team members work from different locations across Europe. So yes, working from the Canary Islands during the winter is totally fine. Even recommended!
To ensure we get enough face time and can work together, you should be located for the majority of the year within Europe.
How does the hiring process look like?
How can you apply?
We are glad you asked.
The first step is simple. Send us an email ([email protected]
) with the following two things:
- Your CV or LinkedIn page
- Cover letter - Explain what excites you about this position, why you would like to join the d.MBA team, why you are the right fit, and how your experience would help you in this role.
If you have any questions, reach out to us via email ([email protected]