Flight builds remote-first customer experience teams for growing startups who put people first. Our mission is to expand access to careers in customer experience and advance a human-centered outsourcing model that benefits our clients and teammates alike.
We work with with everyone from early-stage founders making their first hire to established leaders scaling their teams, and our clients rely on us to find the world’s top talent and partner with them to make sure they have the support to build a successful program.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Customer Success Manager who can ensure that our clients are connected to a friendly and knowledgable point of contact who can help them take advantage of all that Flight has to offer. Along the way, you'll drive expansion and retention and collaborate with the rest of the Flight leadership team to turn client insights into business improvements and evolutions.
You'll oversee a portfolio of companies, liasing between your client point of contact and Flight frontline and operations teams to make sure we deliver an outstanding experience for everyone who walks through our digital doors. You'll also serve as a direct manager to a talented group of Flight teammates, leading and mentoring them in startup and customer support skills and ensuring their continued satisfaction and development.
As the founding member of the Customer Success function, you'll have the opportunity to significantly shape the team and contribute to the growth of Flight's business.
What you'll do
Help us take care of our partners.
- Work alongside the Flight leadership team to define Customer Success strategy and annual and quarterly goals including revenue expansion and retention targets.
- Help create and optimize all Customer Success playbooks from sales handoff through to advocacy.
- Serve as a partner and direct point of contact for your clients — run onboarding, implementation, and ongoing support to quickly establish and maintain productive relationships.
- Facilitate communication between our clients and internal team, triage and solve requests and issues, and synthesize and follow up on action items from regular client and team meetings and ABRs / QBRs.
- Stay sharp on client needs, acting proactively and swiftly especially for headcount and workflow optimizations, as well as ad-hoc requests. Regularly seek opportunities to connect clients with Flight's training, consultation, and community offerings. In turn, proactively recommend the development of new Flight offerings based on client needs
- Monitor client and team health, regularly report to the rest of the leadership team, and coordinate remedial action where needed.
- Work closely with sales to understand prospect challenges. Once prospects become clients, actively demonstrate how Flight can help them meet those challenges and maximize results.
- Lead our customer marketing efforts by working with clients to produce testimonials and case studies and to gain agreement from references for other sales prospects.
Help us take care of our team.
- Partner with our talent team to find the best hires for each new program, and tap our training team to ensure agents are supported with continuous training to match their client’s needs and professional development.
- Serve as a strategic partner and function as the executive leader who represents Flight to clients.
- Run one-on-ones with agents. Provide regular mentorship and guidance to frontline team members, including management of underperformance (PIPs), individual development, and SMART goal setting.
- Foster a culture of quality, problem-solving, and open communication to raise and resolve concerns in adherence with Flight CX values.
Who we're looking for
- 3-5 years in Customer Success or Account Management; bonus points for Customer Support experience
- Management experience with a proven ability to inspire and develop individual teammates.
- You’re service-focused, but you’ve also got a persuasive side that will help you influence our partners to implement new strategies that will uplevel their programs and increase their success. In general, you strike a balance between warmth and competency that will engage and assure both clients and direct reports.
- You have remote work experience and are a proven master of concise and asynchronous communication, for example documenting all decisions in a central, archivable, and searchable place.
- You're extremely proactive and take ownership over your work and impact. You can act without explicit instructions and have a knack for spotting opportunities to contribute and improve.
- You're versatile, with diverse experience and interests that will allow you to flex as a generalist as part of a small, early-stage team.
- You’re a creative thinker who isn’t afraid to think big or recommend non-traditional ideas and solutions. The Flight leadership team is well-versed in tech and CX industry best practices, but we’re also trying to shake up some outdated ones, which often means making up our own rules.
What we offer
- Flexible, remote-first work environment
- Competitive compensation based on experience and location
- Global community of talented teammates joined by a passion for helping others and commitment to supporting one another’s success
- Learning and development programs so you can keep growing your perspective, skills, and career
- Early stage startup with lots of opportunity for ownership and impact
- Paid time off
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.