We are a B2B SaaS company with an ambitious mission: Making it easy for everyone to use their data productively.
To achieve this, we build a no-code business intelligence platform that is easy to use and endlessly scalable.
y42 was founded in 2020 and today already compiles a team of 42+ data witches and wizards, software magicians as well as business geeks from 15+ nationalities. We are backed by international top-tier investors that deeply believe in our vision of frictionless business intelligence.
Note: We prefer to hire for Berlin and Tirana. However, remote would be possible also with a stellar application.
About our challenge and the Engineering area:
In this role, you will be creating a scalable architecture and extend the existing system. You will work directly with Testers and Product Managers to ensure quality development practices are followed to create the best possible products.
You will work with a highly ambitious team that strives to build the world’s leading no-code business intelligence software and become the next European decacorn. Our tech stack: https://stackshare.io/y42/y42
As our Python Senior Back-End, you will:
You will be perfect for the position, if you:
- Be working closely with the integration and orchestration team.
- Evaluate, plan, implement and deploy new features.
- Profile, benchmark and instrument application.
- Mentor and lead your own team to write clean code to develop functional web applications.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Communicate, collaborate and work closely with Engineering team and Designers.
Why should you join y42:
- Have extensively used Python in production projects building products and services
- Completed a Master’s/ Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an information technology field
- Must have advanced knowledge of working with MySQL, REST-APIs and open source projects
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Ability to be hands on when needed but also have the experience to lead on technical architecture/product architecture decisions
- Ability to switch and prioritize tasks using your own initiative
- Should have excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- A plus would be knowledge of DBT, Docker and Singer framework
- The opportunity to significantly shape one of the fastest-growing SaaS startups in Europe
- A competitive salary along with employee stock options to participate in the company’s success
- State-of-the-art work equipment, incl. MacBook Pro, monitor and headphones of choice
- Public transport pass
- Weekly team lunches and regular team events
- Free fruits, snacks and beverages - including Barista
- Flexibility to work from home or our office
🌈 y42 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind. We want to work with the best people no matter how they look, dress or speak, or whom they love, believe in, or aspire. We are committed to building a team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as we believe diverse teams with complementary skill sets make the strongest teams.
The typical hiring process at y42
- CV application: Share your CV with us and any supporting documents if you like. We will get back to you as quickly as possible.
- Get to know each other: In our first call, we want to exchange expectations and clear up your most urging questions. Furthermore, we want to excite you about our mission and product.
- Main Interview: In this interview, our hiring managers want to learn more about your skills and thought processes. We want to understand your abilities and align on a technical level.
- Culture Interview: In the last hiring stage, we want you to meet at least one member of the management team. We deeply value team chemistry and want to give you the opportunity to get to know each other before any signings.
- Et voilà: Offer! We aim to finish the entire process within 28 days.