Who we are:
Airtasker is the number one marketplace for local services in Australia, with more than $1 billion of job opportunities created by our users. Fresh off our IPO and the acquisition of a US startup, we are focused on global growth.
Our product is designed to empower people to realize the full value of their skills. Creating jobs isn’t just a by-product of the work we do, it’s our core purpose. One of our most important values at Airtasker is that people matter and that every single person has unique skills. We are a global marketplace, creating jobs and helping people all around the world get more done.
Our fully-remote US team operates like a tight-knit startup within the larger Airtasker company because we were
one until a few months ago when we were acquired
What you'll do:
- Foster collaboration between software engineering, product and design teams within our cross-functional structure
- Plan, design, and implement product enhancements and features
- Serve as an internal advocate and expert on matters of user experience
- Observe and measure the direct impact your work has on our users
- Participate in code review as both a recipient and a reviewer
What it takes to be successful in the role:
- Empathy for others -- end users, other engineers, and peers across the company
- Eagerness to find practical and impactful solutions to messy human problems
- At least three years of experience working on a team with other engineers and designers to build real products for real users
- Willingness to learn new languages and frameworks as needed
- Some schedule flexibility (some optional meetings with folks in Australia take place in the late afternoon or evening in the US)
On our wish list:
- Experience or interest in visual design
- Experimentation and data informed approach to solving problems
Problems we’re currently solving:
- Advancing the security of our platform with a more mature authentication system
- Improving our communications with our users with better, more intelligent, systems
- Creating the infrastructure and architecture patterns to support our growth well into the future
- Expanding our platform to the United States
- Creating a new service to allow taskers to inspire others in what can be done on the platform
- Improving our incentive systems to support better behaviour and encourage taskers to earn more money on the platform
What you'll love:
- Competitive compensation package
- A culture of context, not control - we believe that empowering people through Airtasker starts with empowered people within Airtasker.
- Flexible workplace environment - we embrace flexible working to support different life stages and lifestyle preferences.
- Learning and development - as humans, we never stop growing - we believe feedback is a gift, and provide allowances to empower you to identify learning that is right for you
- Progressive parental leave policies - we believe that feeling supported to stay connected to both your professional and personal self when raising a family is vital in bringing your best self to work.
At Airtasker we believe in culture add - that each person is different and has their own background, learnings and unique experiences that can add to the Airtasker cultural tapestry. We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture, and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.