About the Engineering Team
You'll join a team where everyone, including you, is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of software development tools and practices. We are a supportive team who swarms when problems arise and gives great feedback to help each other grow. Working on our close-knit, cross-functional teams is a great chance to share and grow your knowledge of different domains from databases to front ends to telephony and everything in between.
We are passionate about many things: continuous improvement, working at a brisk but sustainable pace, writing resilient code, maintaining production reliability, paying down technical debt, hiring fantastic teammates; and we love to share these passions with each other.
Learn more about the Invoca development team on our blog at blog
and check out our open source projects at open source projects
About the Role:
The Senior Release Engineer is an important part of a development team using agile and test-driven-development methodologies. The team is in the Operations organization and oversees release engineering and backend platform tools. You will develop and maintain internal services to support our automated Release Engineering CI/CD pipeline and related platform services. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Release Engineering. This position can be remote.
- Work on tasks assigned following the established Scrumban practices of the team
- Complete tasks that typically cross multiple subsystems
- Collaborate within the team, across teams and with external partners
- Lead design reviews and apply feedback
- Provide others with design feedback
- Frequently perform code reviews and assist others department wide
- Be the technical lead on multi-story epics
- Have technical ownership and be the "go to" person of an area of platform
- Potentially serve as the scrum master for the team
- Develop sizable passion projects that provide value to the team
- Be an expert with Ruby (used at Invoca), and proficient in several other languages
- Ask for help with development tools, processes, grooming, estimation, code design, and coding best practices (typically once a week)
- Bachelor's degree, or recognized certification/experience in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with Object-Oriented software development
- Proficiency in SQL databases and Cloud Computing technologies.
- Ruby on Rails or web development experience
- Work in a team environment
- Knowledge of digital advertising or telephony experience
- Staff Software Engineer
- Manager, Software Engineering
Salary, Benefits & Perks:
Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our offerings:
- Paid Time Off - Invoca encourages a work-life balance for our employees. We have an outstanding PTO policy, starting at 20 days off, for all full-time employees. We also offer 13 paid holidays, 5 days sick time, 3 days volunteer time and more.
- Healthcare - Invoca offers a health care program that includes medical, dental and vision coverage. There are multiple plan options to choose from so you can make the best choice for yourself, partner and family.
- Retirement - Invoca offers a 401(k) plan through Fidelity with a company match of up to 4%.
- Stock options - All employees are invited to ownership in Invoca through stock options.
- Employee Assistance Program - Invoca offers well-being support on issues ranging from personal matters to everyday life topics through the WorkLifeMatters program.
- Paid Family Leave - Invoca offers up to six weeks 100% paid leave for baby bonding, adoption, and caring for family members
- Paid Medical Leave - Invoca offers up to twelve weeks 100% paid leave for childbirth and medical need
- Sabbatical - We thank our long-term team members with an additional week of PTO along with a bonus after 7 years of service.
- Wellness Subsidy - In further support of your well-being, Invoca provides a wellness subsidy that can be applied to a gym membership, fitness classes and more.
- Position Base Range - $116,500.00 - $134,000.00/year, plus bonus potential.
"Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone." - Gregg Johnson, CEO
And to us, diversity, equity and inclusion means more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, positivity, thoughtfulness and respect.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.