Coffee Circle is the market leader in Europe for Specialty Coffee, driven by the mission to improve lives by delivering outstanding coffee. As a certified B Corporation company, we believe in using business as a force for good. In the past 10 years, we have been raising more than 2,5 Mio € which were invested into coffee communities around the world, improving the lives of over 200.000 farmers and their families.
Join us in our mission!
- Be part of our cross-functional teams and be responsible for bringing new projects to life, from rough ideas, planning, implementation to deployment
- Work mostly with frontend technology HTML, CSS and JS (Native Js and React) as well as with templates (Smarty) to modify and expand our core Shopware theme
- Have an active role in shaping the future of our architecture and technical stack
- Continuously evaluate and improve our processes, workflows and automation
- Improve our e-commerce online shop and help create a perfect user flow for hundreds of thousands of customers Report to our Head of Engineering and work closely with the Tech team
- 2+ years professional experience in HTML, CSS, and JS frameworks (React is a must) and a flexible approach to new technologies like pre-processors, build-automation, end-to-end tests. Coding schools/bootcamps for us count as valuable education, not as professional experience.
- Knowledge of at least one template engine (like Smarty, Twig, handlebars, etc)
- Experience with eCommerce platforms (e.g. Shopware, Magento) is a plus
- Experience with mobile website development and responsive design
- Good understanding of design and UI/UX principles
- Proven track record of shipping functional and delightful products
- Willingness to grow more into a FullStack role, Devops and Nodejs, is a plus.
- A highly analytical mind with creative problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator and great team player.
- Open minded, humble, eager to learn and critical
- Fluency in English (German is a plus)
- Microservices: Next.js (SSR and SSG), Nest.js, TypeScript
- Tests: Jest, enzyme, Cypress
- DevOps: Heroku, CircleCI, Google Cloud Platform, Google Firebase, Babel, Rollup, Gulp, Webpack, Docker, Serverless
- Backend: Shopware (ecommerce), PHP, Node.js, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Get to know more here.
How we work
We focus on understanding and solving customer problems and strive to constantly improve our various customer journeys.
- We work in cross-functional teams organized around specific areas of the customer journey. These teams can also include stakeholders of non-tech disciplines e.g. Procurement or Customer Support
- We set goals based on OKRs that are aligned with overall company goals. As Frontend Developer, you will report to our Head of Engineering and work closely with our other software developers and product managers
- All employees are Berlin based, hence we expect a relocation as well as a valid EU work permit for this role
At our core, we are a digital company which directly trades, roasts and sells coffee as well as coffee equipment from various partner brands. We offer the following opportunities to experience Coffee Circle:
B2C e-commerce platform (our main product) Retail (Cafés), for more people to get to know Coffee Circle offline
Our vision is to further connect these areas and offer customers the best possible experience around coffee - be it at home, in offices, in cafés or any other points of sale.
What we believe in
We are a purpose driven organisation. Growth for us means increasing our social impact in the coffee communities around the world and opening a new world of coffee to our customers. We are a unique zebra, not the next unicorn. We strongly believe in authenticity and compassion to build strong and innovative teams. We cultivate a humble and playful mindset to a never ending learning experience for our team.
No matter what's your race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity - if the job descriptions resonates with you, we can’t wait to get to know you!
Your Coffee Circle Team