Fila's footwear design team is based in NYC. We create athletic footwear for all genders and a variety of activities in a fast-paced environment. We are a small team and create footwear on a seasonal basis with input from sales, marketing, and production, to address various trade channels and price points.
To create footwear including material and color stories for various markets and categories for the FILA label.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBITLITIES:
• Footwear Product Creation – From ideation to product creation, work with footwear team to develop market-relevant product for the Fila range.
• Apparel Liaison – Work with apparel design to ensure that footwear and apparel seasonally create cohesive product.
• Communicate creative strategies to internal and external audiences.
• Finalize tech packages and proactively follow the execution of all product details through the product process.
• Clearly communicate all changes required to product samples to development counterparts.
• Act as a consumer expert for the design team, always applying consumer insights into all product and designs and design strategies.
• Ensure manufacturability, cost / margins, and merchandising needs to meet category and /or brand goals.
• Work closely with design and product management teams to apply trend-right materials and colors to heritage product.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Computer literate using Macintosh design applications. Extensive PC knowledge using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and basic Office apps.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional design capabilities – from ideation, to drawing, to sketching, to color theory, to materials.
• Accustomed to working in a highly dynamic and changing environment.
• BA in Industrial Design or Footwear Design.
• 1-2 years relevant experience.