Role: Backend Engineer
Location: Remote close to or in European time zones
Business type: B2B AI HR SaaS
Backend Engineer Mission:
Build world class quality and highly reliable software to meet the needs of customers.
Creating the core data architecture that pumps life into our v1 product.
Competencies - How you like to do things
- Enthusiasm** Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Strategic thinking/visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Efficiency Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Persistence Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Proactivity Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Our tech stack
We employ a microservices architecture and use Kubernetes for container orchestration and Terraform for infrastructure provisioning on Azure.
We want our teams to have the flexibility to choose the programming languages and database technologies that suit their needs.
Our current backend services are implemented with Node.js/TypeScript and Postgres for data persistence.
Activities - what you will likely do to achieve to outcomes:
- You will design and implement elegant APIs, user experiences, and the underlying infrastructure for a critical and highly visible product.
- Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Build high quality and highly reliable software to meet the needs of customers.
- You will work in creating the core data architecture that pumps life into our application.
- You will debug production issues across services at multiple levels of the stack.
Based on your preference, you'll also get a chance to
- Contribute to the development of the ML and DL models.
- Impact the strategic decisions regarding our product development. We are at a perfect stage to still actively explore different ways of building fundamental parts of our product.
Major bonus if you're skilled in DevOps, in which case you will:
- Master our existing infrastructure, but question everything and offer suggestions on how we can improve
- Settle on and deploy a monitoring solution to alert us when things go wrong.
- Improve our infrastructure setup and deployment strategies.
A strong candidate for the role likely resonates with most of the following:
- You enjoy being a generalist. Be it creating an API, a data pipeline or working on deploying AI models, all code deserves love and you are excited to get your hands dirty.
- You have the ability to learn on the fly and put processes together even if you haven't worked with them before.
- You love to invalidate assumptions. Thinking tech in terms of trade-offs is second nature to you. Maintenance cost, speed of development, performance, type-safety, security, and readability are just some of the variables for which you are known to optimize your code.
- You want to build reliable and highly available solutions that scale and endure – especially in the face of a growing user base. You have a solid appreciation of the challenges involved.
- You love the excitement of working on cutting-edge products and want to create something that is world-class – both in terms of technology as well as user experience
- You're a creative and critical thinker. You're able to find better solutions. You have the guts to tell people "no" when something doesn't make sense or contribute towards our purpose. You also want to have fun while doing your job and value the importance of a cohesive team. You believe in transparency and collaboration.
What we offer
- A place to make a significant impact. Over the upcoming years, you'll be making a major contribution to how our core product and the whole company are being shaped. This is the closest you can get to creating a lovable product from scratch or founding a startup of your own.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexibility. We embrace async communication, only do meetings when it's truly needed, and don't require you to work specific hours – ever. Whatever schedule works the best for you and gets the job done, works the best for us as well.
- A productive work setup – either locally in Sweden or remotely wherever you prefer to work. We'll cover the gear you need to be the most productive version of yourself.
- Latest productivity software. In addition to using e.g. Notion, Loom, Figma, and Hume on a daily basis, we are constantly testing new products in the productivity space.
1. Intro chat with CEO Benjamin
2. Technical intro chat with CTO Oscar(40-60min).
3. Deeper Interview About You (60-90min)
4. Technical assessment (60min). - The purpose is to learn more about your capabilities and your approach to building things. This will a collaborative session with CTO Oscar
5. Final conversation (∼45min). Before the final decision, we'd like to discuss some practicalities and hear about any thoughts or questions you may have come up with during the process.