Welcome to Chantelle
Chantelle has been a multi-brand company and a creative studio designing lingerie since 1876. We have six brands, all designed by Chantelle: Chantelle, Passionata, Chantal Thomass, Femilet, Livera and Darjeeling.
As a part of Chantelle, the Digital Lab supports e-commerce and innovative activities.
We create inspirational digital experiences through continuous research for customers looking for expertise and quality in lingerie.
- 🤝 Collaboration: We all share one mission and vision, and only together we will overcome our challenges. Team up !
- 🤗 Respect: Strength lies in differences. Be kind to one another, open your mind, listen and you will learn from others.
- 😍 Passion: There are no shortcuts to any place worth going to. Roll up the sleeves and achieve greatness.
- 🧐 Expertise: Do the right thing without being told. Your initiative and ideas have as much value as your skills.
- **😇 Transparency: Truth never damages a just cause. Work like an open book and talk to others. That's how you grow.
Frontend Engineering Manager**
Be part of the birth of an exciting innovative Lingerie e-commerce company.
We are recruiting a passionate Frontend Engineering Manager who loves e-commerce applications. You will be taking part in the development of our Next/React application that will host all our brands, one of the strategic e-commerce projects of the Chantelle group
What you’ll do:
What we are looking for:
- Lead your team in an inclusive, emphatic and inspirational manner that is respected by all
- Support an established team of developers in their day to day development experience, their personal development, and long term career growth
- Be an active partner of the Product Management team in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers
- Design and help develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve cutting-edge applications
- Make your team effective, making sure that tech debt is defined and actively addressed, quality & security standards are continuously improved, and best practices are followed
- Take part in architectural decision making, roadmap development, hiring and capacity planning with your Head of Engineering
- Break silos, encourage knowledge sharing both internally and externally (BBL, meetups, blog posts on Medium, contribute to open source through our GitHub organization, etc.)
What would be some extra pros:
- You have knowledge about professional software engineering principles e.g. clean code, separation of concerns, data structures and algorithms
- You have experience with a cloud setup (e.g. AWS, Netlify...) and automating the provisioning of every resource
- You are comfortable with microservices architectures, API-based and event-based communication
- You have the ability to always strive for clean, tested and well documented code across your team
- You are a pragmatic technical leader who understands what is needed to get things done
- You have excellent English-language skills to work in an international team
What we offer:
- Experience on taking informed decisions based on data and other metrics (e.g. “what can't be measured can't be improved”)
- Practical knowledge of monorepos (e.g. Yarn 2, Lerna, …) and design-to-code solutions
- French proficiency, both written and spoken
We are looking forward to working with you on this journey!
- You get the unique opportunity to join a workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback with an international team of experts
- You work at a state-appointed top job, get a competitive remuneration package and flexible hours
- Several longer-term opportunities, including forming a part of the studio specialised in the next generation e-commerce solution of the retail industry
- Hybrid work environment, with an access to many locations all over the world and flexible remote work policies
- A dedicated yearly budget for your training and conferences with up to 10 dedicated days
- 25 paid leaves with 2 extra holidays on the 24th and 31st of December
- Quarterly team retreats and regular team activities/games sessions