About the Role
We’re looking for a Developer with 4+ years of web development experience, with a particular focus on PHP Laravel, to join our Vancouver team. Experience working within a team environment; not only with other developers, but project managers, designers and strategists is essential. You will be working on a team, but must also be able to work autonomously at times. The ideal candidate places equal importance on both form and function when writing code. This individual is also detail-oriented with a solid understanding of quality UX. Strong communication skills and an ability to communicate ideas, theories, and technical concepts to non-developers is essential.
- Work collaboratively with our distributed team of project managers, UX strategists, designers and quality assurance specialists.
- Create solutions that promote reuse, readability, and best-practice coding standards
- Making performance and scalability a part of every feature you build.
- Work with the development team to continually improve our process and workflow.
- Keep pace with rapid innovation in web technologies and exhibit a desire to push limitations.
- Communicate openly, transparently, and effectively with team members and occasionally clients.
Skills and Requirements
- 4+ years experience working with open source PHP frameworks (i.e. Laravel/Symfony)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with CI/CD environments
- Proficiency with HTML5, CSS, Vue or ReactJS an asset
Nice to haves
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MSSQL, or NoSQL databases
- Experience scaling PHP applications
- Experience with other PHP frameworks
The Fun Stuff:
- This position is based anywhere in Canada! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home.
- This position offers an annual salary, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- Health and Wellness Budget – $2,000
- 3 weeks vacation plus Holiday office closure in December
To apply, please submit your, code sample
and resume in PDF
. Your Github/Gitlab or code samples should demonstrate your ability with the required technologies outlined above. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.