As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for building APIs, integrations, and applications using GraphQL, AWS services, and a greenfield technology stack.
The Coda Collection aspires to bring to life the stories that surround the songs that we love, and in turn deepen the connection between artists and fans. Across our Prime Video Channel, website, and mobile apps, we have created a unique experience that combines a curated collection of more than 180 films that bring to life the most meaningful moments in music and surrounds these films with immersive, custom editorial from the most talented music writers in the world.
Together, this experience aspires to do nothing less than transform the way in which people experience the power of music. In just a matter of months, we are off to a fast start: rapid subscriber growth, hit films such as What Drives Us (directed by Dave Grohl), and over 500 pieces of press coverage.
We are looking for a talented Senior Back End Engineer who can help build and scale our technology. If you have a passion for creating highly scalable technology, building thriving cultures, and excel in a fast-moving environment, let’s chat. Our office is "based" in Chicago but remote (meaning open to candidates from anywhere).
Join us, and over the next 6 months you will be working on:
- Integrating with new and existing partners to deliver films and editorial content
- Creating more engaging user experiences using GraphQL to stitch together data from new and interesting sources
- Improving performance, reliability, and security of our software and systems
- Making positive contributions to help our growing team in areas like Product, HR, Marketing, Growth, or Finance
Experience and Skills
Some abilities important to us in this role include:
- Technical Expertise
- Demonstrated experience creating backend services using GraphQL
- Expertise in one or more languages such as Scala, Kotlin, Go, TypeScript, Java, Clojure, Python, etc
- Hands-on development using core AWS services such as Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Elemental Media Services, RDS/Redshift/DynamoDB, EKS, ECS, etc
- Basic knowledge of infrastructure-as-code using tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, etc
- Practice pragmatic automated testing
- Team Skills
- Seamlessly work with front-end engineers, product, and others to produce amazing experiences, keeping a keen eye for detail, and obsessing over security, stability and performance
- Quickly learn technical skills, while developing softer skills in business, collaboration, and agile/lean project management
- Works collaboratively with the team to deliver great products on simple stable foundations.
- Uses team retrospectives to provide actionable feedback improving the customer experience, performance of the team, and performance of the company
- Business Impact and Organization
- Plans own work, sets and meets personal goals
- Anticipates change, keeps others informed of issues and risks
- Recognizes this is a growing team, always pitches in, thrives on ambiguity
- Passion for music, tech and media
- Keeps confidence of partners
- Delivers exceptional experiences, always simplifies, never settles