We believe everyone can love their work & build a meaningful career. Our aim is to bring people tools and real-time guidance that empower them to build a career they love. We are working towards providing people with a platform that enables confident career decisions from the day they start working to the day they retire!
Companies have HR, but most consumers really only have... Google…. Does the idea of empowering every professional in the world with the tools, guidance and community to grow their career appeal to you? Do you believe a Calm or Peloton for careers SHOULD exist? Then read on because we might just have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a UX/Product designer to design intuitive experiences for our members, balancing the inherent pull between our user’s needs, our business needs, and engineering’s capabilities. This balance is crucial, and we will want to hear about how you’ve dealt with it in the past. This role will be interacting with the CEO frequently, as well as product and engineering. While the CEO will generally lead the direction of the product, it will be up to you to bring these ideas down to earth, to shape them, and to ultimately hand off clear expectations to engineering.
As a UX / Product Designer at Teal You Will:
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, and leadership
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Keep the voice of the customer at the forefront, utilizing qualitative and quantitative studies when needed
- Walk in the shoes of our members and constantly channel their voice and how to best serve them
You Have Experience:
- As a ux/product designer for 4+ years in a relevant industry
- Designing for both desktop and mobile
- Working proficiently with UX Design tools such as Figma (or similar)
- User Research and Testing
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Amplitude or other product analytics platforms
- Experience with no-code tools like Bubble or Webflow
- Storyboarding & user story definition
- Experience working on Chrome Extensions
What Awesome Looks Like:
At 1 month:
- You will have audited our current UX and Design and prioritized an design improvement backlog
- You will have cleaned up and refined our design system and styles
- You will have talked to members and learned how we can service them better
- With fresh eyes you will have uncovered opportunities for refinement and a better user experience and be an active contributor to a new onboarding experience
At 3 months:
- You have led the successful relaunch of our onboarding and have a very clear understanding of how each step is measured and how we can iterate to continue to make it better with a goal of a 20% increase in onboarding to activation for new users
- You have helped unify the broader UX for the Teal platform and are working to implement your designs
- You have started defining our mobile strategy and have completed wireframes and figma prototypes
- You will have designed how the Teal Chrome Extension integrated with 3rd Parties to help our members make better career purchasing decisions (courses, tools, etc)
At 6 months:
- Our monetization platform is fully designed & deployed and we have helped our members purchase courses and tools that grow their careers and align with the jobs they are seeking
- Our platform is fully mobile optimized and we starting designs for the Teal Mobile app
- We have designed all the tools a user needs to run an effective job search
Who We Are:
A small team of innovative, collaborative, and dedicated individuals passionate about helping people build meaningful careers. Our backgrounds range from Architecture to Digital Design and from Human Resources to Software Engineering. We are travelers, pet lovers, musicians, parents, scuba divers, podcasters, readers, gamers, croquet players, and puzzle masters. We focus on aligning intentions, which typically results in less miscommunications, fewer meetings, and better outcomes. We adhere to a “what-by-when” mentality, which means the hours you keep are up to you, and we value your ability to set expectations and do your best to meet them.
What We Offer:
- Salary Range: $90,000 - $140,000 depending on seniority & geography
- Incentive Stock Options proportionate to salary
- Fully remote work team & remote office stipend (coworking, laptop, etc.)
- Career development stipend
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- 12 week paid parental leave
- 80 - 100% coverage of health insurance for full family, Commuter Benefits & 401K Benefits with company matching.
- Guaranteed 1-month severance if things don’t work out. You are trusting us with your career, and we want you to know we take it seriously.
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity: (Come as you are. Feel welcome. Feel safe.) We are committed to safeguarding our workplace from all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, or family status. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.