Technical Content Developer
Remote UK or Germany
D2iQ is hiring a Technical Content Developer who will provide support for D2iQ’s DKP product content. In this role, you will be working to produce new feature content, update existing feature content, and reduce content technical debt. The ideal candidate will have a passion for producing high quality technical content, and will be looking for opportunities to advance their career in the technical writing field.
Enabling organizations to change the world through open source innovation.
We maximize our customer's business value by relentlessly delivering deep expertise and unrivaled technology that utilizes automation to solve the toughest of cloud native challenges including state, scale and resiliency.
- Create and publish technical content of multiple types for one or more software products.
- Produce accurate content that complies with standards and is audience appropriate.
- Work closely with software development teams on complex projects, able to ask questions effectively, and be comfortable with hands-on testing of command line software for documentation purposes.
- Actively participate in all aspects of Agile development, including ceremonies, planning, and end of sprint demos.
- Take on new products and assignments as business needs require.
- Participate in peer reviews for one's own and other's work.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues, customers, and project teams.
- Familiarity with planning, designing, writing, testing and delivering software documentation in an agile environment.
- Some experience revising and restructuring existing content to improve accuracy and completeness.
- Familiarity with some of the following:
- Docs-as-code workflow, Git, GitHub, a markup language such as Markdown or AsciiDoc.
- Multiple operating systems, technical domains, programming concepts, or source control systems.
- Command line interfaces, such as Linux®️/UNIX®️.
- Web-based delivery of technical content.
- A rapidly scaling start-up or small company environment.
- Remote work; especially in collaboration with others across nationality and time zones.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, or distributed computing systems is a plus.
- Please submit relevant writing samples along with resume.
- Bachelor's degree desired, or relevant skills and experience.
- 1 to 2 years experience as a Technical Writer in a software environment.