WalletConnect is the open-source web3 standard to connect blockchain wallets to dapps. Started four years ago, our mission is to make web3 accessible to everyone. Every month, millions of people use WalletConnect in over 200 integrations.
We’re looking for a founding full-stack engineer to join our team to help develop new web3 applications. To help grow web3, we are gearing up to launch WalletConnect 2.0 with new features, including multi-chain support, a decentralized back-end, faster connections, and 10x performance and scalability.
As our first full-stack engineer and member of the founding team, you will be responsible for building our application back-end, front-end, and web3 integrations. This is a key position requiring ownership of a NextJS/React application. To help with your role, you will have the support of our devops team to deploy and manage our infrastructure, will work closely with our protocol and SDK teams, and have exposure to the full WalletConnect stack.
The ideal candidate is immersed in both blockchain and best practices in front-end and back-end development.
- Build new features that support our mission in making web3 accessible to everyone
- Develop NextJS/React and PostgreSQL for the front-end and back-end applications
- Develop unit and integration tests for core business logic
- Maintain the web app with our tooling: Vercel, AWS, GitHub
- At least three years experience as a software engineer
- Expertise with modern React development practices
- Expertise with NextJS or similar server-side rendering frameworks
- Experience with Typescript or with other statically typed languages
- Working knowledge of web3 technologies
Nice to have:
- Crypto / Blockchain development experience preferable
- Experience with Supabase.io
- Chakra UI experience
- Comfortable working with Figma
- NPM publishing experience
What WalletConnect offers:
- Fully remote position with flexible timezone (CET/EST preferred)
- Competitive salary
- 1-2% company equity (founding team member stake)