Higher Education is in crisis. The cost of education is skyrocketing, while only 33% of students in the US graduate in four years and issues of equity and access are worsening.
At Coursedog, we believe Higher Ed's reliance on outdated software is the root of the problem. 75% of universities operate entirely on legacy, on-premise software, resulting in millions of frustrated students saddled with heaps of debt.
Coursedog's mission is to break down barriers in Higher Education. To do so, we are building a modern operating system for Higher Education: from supercharging the student scheduling experience to empowering administrators with analytics that graduate more students in less time. Our vision is to build software that enables the $800b Higher Education market to reach its highest ideals to facilitate upward mobility, equity and positive change.
Coursedog has raised $23m in venture capital as a hypergrowth startup backed by YC, First Round Capital and has tripled its employee headcount over the last 1.5 years. We were recently ranked in Forbes top 500 US startup employers and our employee engagement scores rank in the top 5% of tech companies. You can learn more about our culture here: https://www.notion.so/coursedog1/The-Coursedog-Brain-e49387c1986b46c8ae72d6b98b89adcf
We are looking for a QA Engineer to join the Coursedog product engineering team. The ideal candidate will be a proven technologist, passionate about software engineering, testing and user experience.
As a company, we value diversity and inclusion. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
What You Will Do:
- Perform manual testing of new features
- Write front-end component tests using Cypress
- Drive innovation to improve application stability
- Improve engineering processes and tooling
- Own the QA column in our kanban board
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to scope out new features and prepare test plans
- Understand the needs of our clients to help improve the end-user experience
- Naturally curious and willing to step into the user’s shoes
- 3+ years of experience in manual and automated testing
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Experience working with complicated, enterprise-level systems
- Owners mentality
- Comfortable with working in a fully remote, asynchronous team
- Fast learner
Bonus Points for Any of These Skills:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks such as Vue.js
- Familiarity with backend technologies such as Node.js and MongoDB
- Experience working for a high-growth start-up
- Big + for experience in higher education
- Flexible work hours - we have no weekly hour minimums or specified work times. Work whenever you want to, at a pace and time of day that you prefer.
- Expectations of time off - we push all team members to take off at least 17 days per year. However, this is entirely your choice, and time off can be taken whenever you want/need it.
- Remote-first company - We believe remote work is an approach to work, not just working from home, and spend much of our energy on fostering trust and psychological safety in our digital space.