HN is a UK-based healthcare company providing innovative services to the NHS. They support patient resilience and recovery through AI guided case-finding, clinical coaching, remote monitoring, and virtual ward solutions.
We’re hiring a lead software engineer for a greenfield innovative healthcare product. This is a hands-on role, full stack, and you’ll work closely with the product manager, head of data, CTO and CEO to shape the future of our tech. We’re passionate about building high quality, technical products which make a real and positive difference to NHS patients.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the overall technology function, architectural decisions, and technical standards. This is a hands-on role, and you will be responsible for shaping project architecture and large technical decisions.
- Lead the design, development, testing, and deployment of a highly scalable software application.
- Review code and technical decisions to ensure best practices are being followed, particular when it comes to security. Write high quality, testable code.
- Build and provide technical leadership for the team (comprising of in-house and outsourced developers).
- Provide guidance and assistance in the selection of tools, technologies, and implementation details.
- Working closely with the lead product manager and CEO to drive the product vision and manage stakeholder expectations.
Skills and abilities
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Precise attention to detail and ability to work as part of a team
- A positive attitude and be able to balance compassion and the ability to make tough decisions with integrity
- Ability to make autonomous decisions within the remit of the role
- Ability to manage, prioritise and organise own workload and use initiative
- Ability to work with clinical, business, and executive stakeholders
- Experience as a full stack developer with significant experience in architecture and design patterns
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, microservices, application development and deployment to the cloud
- Experience in introducing various practices to ensure code quality is maintained and technical knowledge is shared within the team
- Significant experience with deploying to cloud providers - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in the context of microservice
- Ability to work across the whole development lifecycle (discovery, delivery, testing, releasing, supporting, and maintaining)
- Experience building, leading and mentoring a team of software engineers
- Experience in the healthcare sector or any regulated industry
- Experience with serverless architecture
- Experience with an EHR, EMR or Clinical Data Repository
- Experience with GraphQL
- Strong understanding of data modelling and experience working with databases like MySQL, Postgres
- Knowledge in automated testing from unit to functional and integration tests