Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleet operations. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We recently raised a $21M Series B round
and are on an exciting trajectory as a company.
As Fleetio’s Documentation Specialist, your job is to produce high-quality, easy-to-understand documentation, instructional videos, and other help-related content to increase the productivity and user happiness of our growing customer base. You'll utilize information architecture best practices to maximize the usability and findability of our extensive Help Center. You'll analyze our customer interactions to identify articles to optimize, find opportunities to add additional content and provide feedback to the product team.
As a member of the Customer Support Team, you will design engaging content for our Help Center, including Getting Started guides, video tutorials, onboarding checklists, best practices guides, FAQs, training materials, and other content. You will collaborate with Product Managers & Designers, Software Engineers, Customer Success team members and others to ensure product and documentation continuity. You will be responsible for maintaining all key processes around content management including development, approval, publication, and refreshes. You will be an expert on the Fleetio platform and the fleet industry and use that knowledge to support various internal departments with your assistance and content
We're looking for someone who is tech-savvy, a stickler for grammar, and an expert at finding just the right combination of words to make complex subjects easy to understand. You are obsessed with the details, and you genuinely care about providing your customers and coworkers with the best self-service experience. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.
What you'll be doing
- Become a Fleetio product expert, being aware of the latest releases and features.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create written and video documentation to help our customers better understand Fleetio's features.
- Manage all current content in the customer-facing Help Center.
- Apply existing processes and develop new approaches to content management, including content identification, development, approval, publication, and updates.
- Use Salesforce Community Management Package, along with Google Analytics to track, analyze and improve help center content.
- Assist with answering internal product queries to identify gaps in our knowledge base.
- Help out in the Support Queue answering customer inquiries as needed.
- Master our knowledge base platform (Salesforce Digital Experiences), adopt existing practices and advocate for new approaches and implementation.
- Cross-train with QA and Support teams to broaden your knowledge and skillsets.
What's in it for you
- Be part of an incredible team of A-players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We're a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work from our HQ in Birmingham, AL, or remotely (within the United States). As a company, we strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning (2012).
- Collaborate in a transparent environment where you are provided the necessary tools, processes, and encouragement to excel every day.
- Be heard by colleagues who are eager to apply the best practices and ideas you bring to the table and who will share theirs as well.
- Work with fascinating customers who are leading the global transportation industry.
- Thrive in an environment where you are encouraged to give our customers the proper care and attention they need to be successful.
More about our team and company
- At least three years of experience developing customer-facing content in a SaaS/B2B environment and experience managing the content development process from beginning to end.
- A proven record of creating content and training that directly impacts customer success.
- Experience analyzing user interactions with Google Analytics, FullStory or Heap.
- Experience with Salesforce Digital Experiences and video production tools such as ScreenFlow or similar.
- Proven ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Your work is meticulous and precise when executing a task. When it comes to details, you are painstakingly accurate and consistently thorough.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- Bonus points if you have experience supporting SaaS products and/or Fleet Management industry experience.
- In order to be considered for this role, we ask that you share your portfolio or some samples of your work when submitting your application.
- 100% coverage of employee health and dental insurance (50% family)
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock options
- Vision, STD & LTD
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO, Company Holidays & Floating Holiday
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Community service funds
- Mac laptop
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness incentives
- Remote working friendly since 2012