is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the world's best remote company
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C
in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in North America.
We are looking for...
A talented Performance Marketing Manager. Performance marketing campaigns are an integral part of our growth strategy at Shogun. If you’re obsessed with testing new ad creative, ad copy, and paid channels and meticulously reviewing the results, then read on!
At the heart of it all, you’re extremely organized in your approach and well-versed in the fundamentals of performance marketing for both self-serve and enterprise ecommerce customers. You’ll use your wide-range of advertising knowledge to pull together a multitude of campaigns to reach our customers with the right message at the right time.
And while you love pulling together paid campaigns, you also enjoy analyzing, reporting and optimizing them for the next go around.
In this role you’ll get to flex your creative muscles and increase acquisition numbers, directly impacting Shogun’s growth. The role joins the marketing team and reports to the Director of Marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Lead our paid strategy and test new tactics to optimize growth through digital performance channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, Reddit, and the Shopify App Store.
- Work closely with our advertising agency to develop demand generation and awareness campaigns and monitor the performance of these campaigns on a daily basis.
- Stay current on new performance tactics and channels that work for our target audiences.
- Review campaign performance against sales and account team goals to maximize the yield of all campaigns, with pipeline as the primary KPI.
- Collaborate with the content and design teams by sharing creative best practices to produce new creatives to optimize campaign performance.
- Work alongside the greater marketing team to support broader marketing campaigns.
- Analyze and measure campaign performance and use insights to improve future campaign performance and execute new marketing initiatives.
A little bit about you:
- You have 3+ years of experience in a performance marketing role.
- You have 1+ year of experience working with an advertising agency.
- Experienced working in major channels including Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn and Reddit.
- You have a strong understanding of foundational marketing principles and can translate those across multiple mediums.
- You have experience in both Self-Serve SaaS and Enterprise B2B SaaS marketing and/or Ecommerce.
- You have exceptional organizational and strategic thinking skills.
- You’re naturally curious and able to analyze large sets of data to identify trends, behaviors and gaps in opportunities to help us grow.
- The idea of driving high-quality leads and helping fill the sales pipeline through campaign performance excites you.
- Your first thought is “What is the actual goal of this campaign?” and make sure all initiatives are properly tied to an objective.
- You’re resourceful and self-motivated with a bias for action.
- You can work at a quick pace with autonomy and flexibility.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.