is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the world's best remote company
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C
in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in North America.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior SDET you will be driving the development, writing and debugging of code to test existing and new software product applications for one or more Squad. You participate in the extension of frameworks and test harnesses and perform testing at a code level. You will interact closely with the development team and with other department personnel; and write clear, maintainable, and portable code.
- Formulate and drive automation testing while overseeing current automation solutions; including but not limited to, UI, Infrastructure and Mobile automation
- Work closely with development teams to ensure thorough code and testing coverage
- Work on systems and processes that will give software developers confidence that they can release changes without regressions
- Ensure effective collaboration between QE and cross-functional teams on the project
- Perform code and design reviews with considerations of scalability, performance, code efficiency and architectural approach;
- Assist and mentor Quality Engineers and more junior SDETs by providing guidance, technical insight, coding standards and best practices through code reviews
What You’ll Bring
Need to have
- 5+ years of relevant QA experience and significant hands-on automation experience
- Experience testing REST API’s or GraphQL;
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins etc.;
- The ability to demonstrate work experience by providing examples, samples, and source code.
Nice to have
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Ability to effectively articulate and recommend technical challenges and solutions that match the system’s standards and overall design methodology.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.