DevOps Engineer/Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote working in Europe)
As UL’s footprint continues to grow, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer/Senior DevOps Engineer that can work collaboratively with our global team to design, maintain, and implement our application configuration, deployment strategy and systems.
As a member of the Transformation and Innovation team, you’ll utilise your technical expertise to design and develop UL’s customer-facing environments as well as leading the strategic review of needs, options, risks, cost analysis impact on the IT department and business goals.
What you’ll learn & achieve:
•Work closely with the Development, QA and Security teams across all phases of application development and deployment
•Manage Incident Response system and coordinate with other stakeholders, along with creating RCA reports
•Maybe required for On-Call schedules & escalation for Production support
•Responsible for collecting key metrics data and create reports for capacity planning and trend analysis
•Create Automation strategy for release deployments and other maintenance activities, and participate in production releases
•Responsible for Change Management for the application/configuration changes in a production environment
•Maintain Standard Operating Procedures and policies, adhering to Enterprise policies and compliance needs
•Maintain applications/environments as per applicable Audit controls (such as GDPR/HIPAA/ISO/SOC)
•Responsible for coordinating Disaster Recovery test with other responsible team members, as per company's policy
•Enable development teams' productivity by building solutions, automation tools, providing help and guidance as needed
•Focus on continuous integration (CI), release management, infrastructure resources (Azure), provisioning of environments
•Assures system reliability and availability for applications, and ensures 24/7 monitoring, problem identification, escalations, and notifications related to all systems and services
•Work closely with Microsoft to provide best of breed technology solutions for our customers
•Access to Pluralsight and various other training resources (eg: UL University) to continue your personal development
What makes you a great fit:
•Strong experience working with PowerShell scripting and Terraform
•Good background within DevOps in Azure environment
•Active Directory, DNS, Web certs/SSL experience
•Experience in Azure monitoring, alerting, and diagnostics, including Application Insights, Log Analytics, Network Monitoring, Service Health, and dashboards.
•Working experience with Application Load balancers
•Excellent organizational, written and communication skills
•Experience implementing and executing continuous integration and continuous delivery strategies
What we can offer you:
• Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply ingrained in everything we do.
• People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
• Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
• Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
• Total Rewards: Competitive Remuneration, annual bonus, flexible working arrangements, annual paid leave, plus a strong commitment to corporate responsibility and sustainability efforts. All employees receive 2 Volunteer Days off per year to spend participating in an array of volunteer activities