We are seeking a full-stack engineer to join our team. You are an experienced coder with a passion for experimentation and discovery. You have shipped many features to production and are seeking to take the next step on your path to technical leadership.
Delivering high quality code and products to our readers and internal teams is a top priority. You are motivated by the challenge to create scalable, resilient, and high-performing software that delivers experiences that are second-to-none.
You are an excellent communicator and are able to describe technical concepts to non-technical colleagues. You also encourage and welcome open communication and enjoy providing technical mentorship to the team. Proposing high-level code decisions, with solid reasoning to back them up, is in your comfort zone.
While we expect engineers to work across our systems you will work primarily on our commerce initiatives. Apartment Therapy’s e-commerce revenue has nearly doubled each of the past two years as we’ve developed our product database, expanded analytics, created new optimization capabilities, and increased content production. You will play a key role in driving it even further.
What You'll Do
- Architect, build and maintain products that delight millions of customers. You are responsible for coding, testing, debugging, delivering and supporting multiple applications.
- Help support our ongoing commerce initiatives
- Ship code and features that meet accessibility and performance standards
- Mentorship! Support and develop other engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Successful and on-time delivery of resilient software products
- Advocate and promote good software practices and support of technical standards
- Critical and constructive participation in code review
- Day-to-day support of platform availability and performance standards
- Help drive coding standards that empower the team to produce and deliver high quality, maintainable software
- Write, review, or provide feedback on technical design proposals
- Contribute to our vibrant remote culture
- Deploy on day one
Who You Are
- 4+ years experience developing and architecting microservices in Python.
- Familiarity with NoSQL (e.g. Datastore) and PubSub
- Good practical understanding of source control, development and deployment workflows
- Experience practicing and implementing continuous delivery using Lean and Agile processes
- Demonstrated grasp of functional and object oriented programming patterns and algorithms
- Experience with GraphQL or REST APIs and API design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, POs, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team
- You have a strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence through unit tests, documentation, and workflow
- Prior ecommerce experience with affiliate, transactional, and popular third-party platforms (e.g. Shopify) is ideal.
- GCP experience or experience working with cloud based platforms preferred
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent degree) or equivalent work experience.
Apartment Therapy Media is an equal opportunity employer that works to foster diversity and inclusion. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, gender identity, orientation, religion, parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.