The big picture
Silgan Dispensing is a global manufacturer of packaging solutions that help brands enhance lives. Our broad portfolio of trigger?sprayers, pumps,?fine mist?sprayers, and closures are used by iconic brands?for?personal care, beauty, fragrance, home, garden,?and?healthcare?markets.??
Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, the Silgan Dispensing team includes approximately 6,000 employees across North America, South America, Asia,?and Europe. We are proud to have created a diverse workforce that is innovative, sustainably focused, respectful, inclusive, driven to excel and customer-oriented?—?held together by the belief that we are best when we work as One Team.??
Our culture of engagement, collaboration and accountability is what enables us to be the dispensing partner brands rely on to grow their business.
Why should you work with us?
Our Design Team is a close-knit group of creative professionals who design consumer-driven products. We provide creative direction for innovations from the concept phase to production working with researchers, marketers, and engineers along the way. We are dedicated to helping our customers create products that delight their consumers and help them win in the marketplace.
You will work with people as passionate as you are.
We love what we do and are great at it. Because of this passion, we develop, prototype, and create world-class packaging solutions every day.
What to expect:
Our co-ops will gain real world experience and exposure to the industrial design field as it relates to packaging. The candidate will have the opportunity to design for some of the most iconic brands in the world, so we are looking for the right mix of talent and enthusiasm for this role.
- Visualize concepts through sketches, 3D digital models, and physical prototypes
- Actively participate in concept ideation sessions and project discussions
- Create high quality, material-realistic product renderings
- Conduct basic design research to inform design decisions
- Present design work and research to small-midsize groups
- Work independently and at the direction of Design Leads
Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Strong product styling capabilities, ability to design for different brands, consumers, and regions
- Proficient in KeyShot or similar rendering software
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- Solid experience with CAD software - Solidworks preferred
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines
- Ability to design with the consumer in mind -- interest consumer research and ergonomic design
- Divergent thinker, capable of generating a multitude of ideas to address a design brief
- Strong sketching skills, comfort storyboarding ideas is a plus
- Interest in how things work, desire to better understand materials and manufacturing processes
- Strong interpersonal skills, including effective communication and respect for others
- Passion for design research, drive to learn more in order to design better products
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven, proactive in asking for feedback or critique
- Comfortable making physical prototypes to explore concepts
- Prior design experience is a plus but not required
- Rising senior or recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
- Any knowledge of product design for injection molding and/or blow molding is a plus