Req ID: 41131
Location: Irvine, CA
Other location(s): Irvine (CA); San Antonio (TX)
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: None
"I can be myself at work."
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We're working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
"I can influence my income."
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You'll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
"I can lead a full life."
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you're raising a family, you're passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we'll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we've transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate's ability to work remotely.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
The Compute Platform team is responsible for the implementation and support of a variety of the organization's compute infrastructure. This includes virtualization, storage, servers, and the services/management frameworks associated with them. The Compute Platform team works closely with engineering teams and operations teams supporting the network, automation, directory services and monitoring to maintain a healthy and stable Compute environment.
As a Senior Technology Engineer based in Irvine, CA, or San Antonio, TX, you will work with other team members to manage and execute daily tasks within our converged compute infrastructure. Primary areas of focus include storage, virtualization, backup and recovery; secondary areas of contribution include public cloud and automation. QUALIFICATIONS:
"I can apply in less than 4 minutes."
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree
- You have 5+ years expertise with architecture and engineering of Enterprise backup platforms Veritas, Cohesity, Rubrik / recovery environments
- You have working knowledge of Storage platforms (SAN, NAS and Object)
- You have 3+ years of experience with Public Cloud, AWS and Azure, including storage technologies (i.e. EBS, persistent disk, S3, Blob)
- You have in-depth knowledge of security controls such as immutability, encryption, malware, and ransomware detection
- You have strong knowledge of data protection for DB platforms (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, Postgres, SAP HANA, public cloud PaaS) and other enterprise business applications
- You have a mastery of technical concepts and how you drive the business outcomes is evident in your ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audience
- You have understanding of the software development life cycle, along with an in-depth knowledge of Automation and Agile methodology
You've reviewed this job posting and you're ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn't what you're looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community."I can learn more about Capital Group."
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That's why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people's lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
#SONearest Major Market:
Irvine California Nearest Secondary Market:
Los Angeles Job Segment:
ERP, Social Media, Oracle, Database, Computer Science, Technology, Marketing